Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As a Brooks Guru, you will lead Brooks’ field support strategy in all distribution channels located within our respective territory to increase market share, amplify Brooks product leadership, and build recognition, awareness and loyalty for the brand.
• You will be required to live within 25 miles of the designated territory•
• You will lead the overall field support efforts for Brooks at both SRA and Non-Specialty accounts located within the territory
• At all accounts, support the Sales and Marketing teams with product launches, in-store merchandising and creative grassroots programs
• Work with Sales management and Marketing on the success of National Account sell-thru programs/in-store promotions; all Guru’s are accountable for an established sell-thru number for a pre-determined store base within their respective territory
• Educate and motivate the retailer, consumer, and all key points of contact about Brooks technology and product leadership via product seminars and clinics
• Work the sales floor at accounts as assigned – be an expert at driving product sell-thru in all channels
• You will represent Brooks at national (and selected local) running events and expos -- including set-up, breakdown, distribution of collateral, interaction with consumers and product trial
• Provide feedback and analysis via bi-weekly field reports to measure effectiveness of product initiatives and sales strategies; identify new opportunities for growth within or outside the running industry
• Maintain appearance of leased company vehicle and all Brooks equipment
• BA or BS degree in Marketing/Sales/Retail Management preferred
• Minimum two years Marketing/Sales experience within the sports industry preferred
• Retail experience – 1+ years (Athletic Specialty preferred)
• Highly-motivated and high-energy, with a hardworking attitude and strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills are a must; works well independently, as well as within a team
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Basic knowledge of retail math, inventory management, product merchandising and retail selling skills
• Knowledge of performance athletic footwear/apparel/accessories and their related technologies
• Knowledge of the biomechanics of human motion; understanding of injury prevention basics
• Understanding of the territory’s local running community (events, clubs, coaches, specialty retailers)
• Enthusiasm and knowledge for the sport of running and other sports in general
• Extensive travel required; able and willing to work weekends and extended hours as required
• Must show proof of good driving record upon request
• To be considered for this position, you must be willing to live within an agreed upon radius of the sales territory you support.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job