Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the system manager for Workday, you are responsible for managing the Workday solution globally for Brooks Running. You will own the Workday application roadmap, including evaluating and providing recommendations for new features and functionality, delivering on the needs for the HR team and broader business, and managing the relationships with chosen implementation partners and support vendors. You will lead the Workday team and guide their work with a focus on HRIS service delivery, system & data integrity, reporting/analytics, business processes, and security. This role requires partnership and collaboration with the global HR team, Payroll, IT and other relevant teams across Brooks to deliver an exceptional experience in Workday. The successful leader will strike the right balance between guiding the team to successfully support the system while also jumping in directly on production support and program design.
You will lead, manage, and coach the Workday team both through direct reports and indirect teammates on the HR team globally.
• Own the Workday system for Brooks Running by driving and ensuring accurate and effective system administration, future feature planning and adoption, and roadmap execution.
• Ensure daily system operability and optimization and manage the effects of planned system enhancements on current business processes both within in the system and for the HR team.
• Drive annual processes in the system such as merit, quarterly performance reviews, and benefit open enrollment by partnering with the process owner. Work closely with HR Talent, HR Operations, and all managers and employees to ensure the success of Brooks’ processes.
• Establish robust reporting including dashboards, delivered analytics, and requested reports. Deliver on quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reporting requirements.
• Innovate and deliver diversity reporting metrics that support and offer visibility into progress towards the company’s diversity goals.
• Lead a team of Workday resources, setting clear expectations and guiding their work in Workday to meet the needs of the business and supporting their growth and understanding of Workday.
• Manage (including goal setting, performance review, hiring decisions, team culture, etc.) and support the career development of direct reports to ensure job satisfaction, retention, and to identify and develop bench strength.
• Facilitate regular HR meetings to discuss system enhancements and necessary business process adjustments.
• Manage system upgrades, fixes and enhancements and ensure change control processes are followed for approvals, planning, testing, documentation, and implementation.
• Manage all applicable vendor relationships providing support services including system changes, statements of work, and Service Level Agreements to ensure performance and deliverables adhere to contract terms.
• Lead the business initiative process for garnering resources necessary to evolve Workday.
• Collaborate with system users to understand dependencies, change control, implementation planning, etc.
• Develop and maintain documentation including user guides, business process and security documentation, system and data interfaces, and controls for each assigned application.
• Create and present end-user training for new systems and implementation of new features for current systems.
• Manage and document system access roles and permissions including access provisioning. Meet all compliance requirements and documentation.
• Work closely with the IT systems team to adopt and promote IT best practices to ensure adequate security and change control over the production environments.
• Collaborate with IT Security to address disaster recovery and direct annual testing for each assigned application based on business criticality.
• Keep current on Workday features and releases; identify opportunities to streamline current processes and determine impacts to current system configuration.
• Continuously look for opportunities to leverage Workday into HR processes to increase automation and improve data quality and accessibility.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant major. Additional higher education and/or technical certifications a plus! Relevant experience can be substituted for education.
• 7+ years of experience implementing, administering, managing and/or supporting HR systems. Specific experience with Workday HCM required.
• 3+ year management experienced desired
• Experience in Business Process Management and general business analyst skillset a plus.
• Highly developed troubleshooting skills; tenacity and hunger for finding the root cause of a problem.
• Business requirements elicitation skills and experience a plus.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organizing and executing tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to tailor approach based on audience and message.
• Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills that inspire and build trust for effective working relationships across the company.
• Proven ability to operate successfully in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
• Dependable and reliable.
• Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic