Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Associate Apparel Designer, you are part of the team responsible for designing product for Brooks Apparel lines. You will work across both the apparel and accessory product lines. You will develop a deep understanding of the runner’s needs from both a performance and lifestyle perspective to inform your designs. Beginning with an immersion into the running experience to detailed design of high-performance running apparel, you will work with a team of designers to continue to elevate your design abilities. As part of the Design team, you will keep informed of the competitive landscape and translate trends to meet runner’s needs and wants for apparel.
• Provide design/concept boards to communicate research findings on design, trend and consumer needs for performance apparel through a Brooks runner lens to offer new design ideas.
• Contribute to designing a line that reflects the aesthetic of the Brooks brand, based on overall creative and seasonal direction and a solid understanding of the market and our business.
• Design and develop silhouette styling and apparel concepts for women’s line
• Work closely with the Manager, Apparel Design through concept, design, and presentation to execute product designs.
• Create and maintain all art files and transfer correct information to cross functional teams.
• Shop the market and trend resources for design inspiration (materials, color, silhouettes, and etc.)
• Create seasonal design presentation and product boards for meetings with senior members of design and keep them updated with product developments throughout the season.
• Collaborate with Product Line Managers and Development to ensure accurate and timely sample development and that product design and materials meet quality and price meet objectives.
• Prepare tech packages for Development team that includes construction details, sketches, fabrications, trim sheets and colors.
• Attend fittings and provide fit comments to Development team to ensure quality and fit that meets design standards and overall brand objectives.
• Support in the creation and development of marketing needs, sales tools, and promotional items as needed.
• Meet all calendar deadlines and deliverables
• Develop mock-ups for apparel and accessories concepts seasonally in collaboration with apparel patternmaker and sewing team
• Communicate concepts to cross functional team through the use of sketches, illustrations, and/or other media
• To be considered, please submit a portfolio of your work along with your application materials
• Bachelor’s degree in apparel design or related field
• 3+ years of apparel design experience; may be substituted by proven skill based on actual work samples
• Experience with performance product preferred
• Phenomenal design portfolio. Intermediate knowledge in Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop are unequivocally necessary.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Ability to present to and work professionally and effectively with all departments, including Sales, Marketing, Production, etc.
• Ability to manage multiple and competing work priorities, demands, and changes.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of responsibilities, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
• Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots.”
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
• Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
• Travel 15% of time, including internationally
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job