Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As the Associate Designer, Color - Material & Trend, you will help drive the AESTHETIC DIRECTION of Brooks Running to higher levels through research, design and use of color.
As the Associate Designer, Color - Material & Trend, you will work within the Color & Trend Design Team to create seasonal color palettes that are directional and appropriate for driving category initiatives and maintaining brand direction and aesthetic appeal.
As the Associate Designer, Color - Material & Trend, you will assist inline product designers with color/material composition, create color CADs per footwear category, create original vector-based print/pattern for specialty shoes, and work with product line managers to merchandise color and materials for the running footwear product line.
As the Associate Designer, Color - Material & Trend, you will work collaboratively with the Footwear Merchandising team to execute color deliverables based on key categories in Family Footwear and other specific market driven asks.
• Research and deliver color, design, market and lifestyle trends that influence and impact the product category process from product briefing to product concept to salesman samples
• Create color renderings of in-line shoes for review and presentation
• Make sure Pantone and CSI colors are handed off for each color included in the season to development
• Create and manipulate original prints on shell-patterns and footwear.
• Finalize product details; and proactively follow through on the execution of color on each product.
• Assist in presentation of color trend and palette at concept debut.
• Take the responsibility to stay current in the athletic footwear market, different category trends, and product design innovations
• CROSS TEAM COLLABORATION
• Collaborate with Design, Product Marketing, Development and Material Designers to focus color solutions for market success
• Strong collaboration with Footwear Designers and Development on components and design direction for color ups prior to color kick off to ensure correct color application
• Collaborate with cross functional teams to create a merchandisable line from concept to commercialization
• Work closely with Apparel Design to collaborate on head-to-toe color execution within inline merchandising stories
• Work closely with Material Design Triad to ensure any new material selection meets our fit, feel, ride quality standards
• Work closely with Merchandising on color needs specific to key accounts such as Family Footwear and retailer asks.
• Maintain calendar/timelines/deadlines that result in a timely completion of each product and/or collection
• Build your knowledge in color to partner with Development to translate color concepts into product.
• Knowledge of footwear components and design direction for color ups prior to color kick off to ensure correct color application.
• Travel as necessary to Asia, trade shows, retailers, or other external events
• Perform miscellaneous projects as assigned by manager
• To be considered, please submit a portfolio of your work along with your application materials
• Bachelor’s Degree in Design or related field required; may substitute education for specific experience.
• 1+ year of experience in a related role preferred
• Design education and training in vector-based graphics programs a must
• Power user in vector-based graphics software applications – Adobe Illustrator proficient. Photoshop useful.
• Mac environment for design
• Understanding of color composition and theory with a quick, learned eye for color and materials.
• Surface and print/pattern design experience, preferred
• Knowledge of color processing, from RGB to CMYK to L.A.B. digital color.
• Excellent presentation skills
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization
• Excellent written and communication skills
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job