Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Note: This is a 6 month temporary assignment beginning ASAP.
The Brooks Global Creative team imagines/designs/curates/manifests creative concepts, campaigns, and assets that define and express the Brooks brand. Print, retail, packaging, web, digital, events—even porta potties—are our canvas and runners are our inspiration.
As a temporary Brand Copywriter, you will be accountable for creating compelling, branded campaign copy. Our tone and voice reflect our brand personality so its essential to know how to uphold brand guidelines in order to maintain a strong, consistent brand presence across channels. The goal of our messaging is to create memorable moments through storytelling—the right words can empower and inspire runners to share in our joy and passion for running.
Responsibilities include developing a wide range of copy, from brand stories to product stories, and campaign headlines to email subject lines. This individual wants to know everything about our brand and our products so they can write insightful copy that instills confidence in our customers and differentiates us from our competitors. The Brand Copywriter I has the ability to brainstorm effectively with different creative team members, clearly present ideas and concepts, and incorporate feedback from other departments. Impeccable spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills are integral to the role.
• Cultivate and consistently write in the Brooks brand voice.
• Commit to developing a deep understanding of the Brooks brand, its products, target audience, and competitor activities.
• Create forward-thinking writing across interactive and traditional media, while maintaining brand standards and delivering against creative briefs.
• Deliver branded communications including, emails, event collateral, landing pages, catalog editorial, and more.
• Contribute to the development of brand marketing campaigns.
• Work with product marketing managers and product line managers to translate complex technological features into consumer-facing benefits—always championing the customer experience.
• Understand testing and performance data, translating learnings into strategies.
• Prioritize your work and communicate those priorities to project managers. Manage your time well.
• Have fun, run, cultivate optimism.
• Be a sharp copyeditor for your own writing, as well as for others if need be.
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Marketing, or related field.
• 3-5 years of copywriting experience in an agency (or a role working with creative agencies).
• A portfolio of work including a mix of brand marketing, advertising, and/or editorial-related projects.
• Interactive/digital experience helpful.
• A working knowledge of running-specific vocabulary.
• A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle.
• An eagerness to take on multiple projects at once, maintaining an uncanny attention to detail and fearless ability to ask questions.
• Proven time management skills—committed to meeting deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust, resulting in effective working relationships across departments.
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative—always looking to improve our products and processes, while having an openness to learn, welcoming candid feedback.
• Ability to work both independently within a team, and collaboratively with diverse teams to achieve necessary results.
• Belief in Brooks core values.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job