Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Lead IT Workplace Solutions Engineer is responsible for leading the workplace solution (end user) services for Brooks. Your role includes contributing to the the strategy and roadmap and leading the implementation, and operations of IT workplace services. In this role you are responsible for leading the design, implementation and support of Brooks end user device technology (laptops, desktops), software imaging process, end user software catalog and installation process, conference room technology and collaboration and communication tools leveraging Microsoft suite of tools. In addition, this role also managing the end user technology lifecycle replacement process. You continuously identify opportunities to improve services and technology for workplace solution services and develop new services.
• Lead the delivery, operations and continuous improvement of the current workplace solution (end user) services for Brooks.
• Lead other engineers and analysts in project and ongoing technology refresh activities.
• Deliver infrastructure services through defined SLAs that meet the needs of the business; monitor services to ensure SLAs are met.
• Oversee the implementation of workplace solution (end user services) projects in EMEA and APLA; partner with the local teams and ensure successful execution.
• Manage vendors to ensure successful partnerships to meet business needs.
• Collaborate with security, service desk, and application teams to deliver on the projects and needs of the overall business.
• Apply industry best practices in workplace solution services for the Brooks technology organization.
• Build and maintains successful partnership with IT teams and Brooks’ business partners.
• Make recommendations for the purchase of technology resources; review and negotiate contracts and ensure vendor performance.
• Mentor and support team members to develop their skill sets and ensure department goals are met.
• Ensure hardware and software standards and defined and implemented
• Ensure operating systems, drivers, firmware and 3rd party software is kept up to date and follows security standards
• Ensure device refresh and inventory controls processes are followed for workplace solutions
• Manage and improve the device imaging process
• Manage the conference room technology tools
• Manage the collaboration and email technology tool suite including Microsoft 0365 including Teams.
• Partner with the Service Desk team to deliver on technology onboarding/offboarding and lifecycle replacement processes
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent degree or additional experience.
• Minimum of 7 years of progressive, relevant information technology experience in the workplace solutions (end user services) engineering area of IT
• Knowledge of project lifecycle management and how to define, implement and operate technology solutions
• Knowledge of Microsoft and Mac device and operation system technologies
• Knowledge of Microsoft suite of communication and collaboration tools, specifically Microsoft 0365 and Teams.
• Ability to guide and mentor other team members in workplace solution (end user) technology
• Working in a global environment with colleagues from different cultures.
• Talent for analyzing and communicating alternatives, risks and benefits with the goal of reaching decisions or resolving problems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication, required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company, required.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization, and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another, required.
• Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots,” required.
• Ability to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities.
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary, required.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job