Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As a Financial Accountant at Brooks, you’ll be a member of our high-performing Finance team. The Financial Accountant EMEA is responsible for managing the general ledger accounting, leading month-end close and facilitating internal and external audits. In addition, you will perform accounting reviews and collaborate with HR to ensure timely and accurate monthly payroll. The Financial Accountant works closely with all areas of Finance including Credit & Collections, Accounts Payable and Financial Planning & Analysis to ensure accurate and timely reporting across our EMEA (Europe, Middle East & Africa) operations.
• Manage the general ledger accounting activities by ensuring accuracy and timeliness of cut off, journal entry postings, reconciliations and month-end close activities.
• Review accuracy and validity of payments and accounts payable bookings, disbursements, and cash flow requirement forecasts.
• Collaborate with HR and external payroll providers to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll and submission of social security and payroll tax returns.
• Facilitate internal and external audits, including but not limited to statutory, income tax and customs audits, and the related provisioning of required information.
• Identify and properly record audit, tax and other adjustments relating to differences between US and local GAAPs.
• Perform internal control validations to verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data.
• Perform reporting and other ad hoc work for management and U.S. corporate accounting.
• Partner with service providers to secure accurate and timely completion and overall tax compliance for VAT, Intrastat, EC Sales listing, CIT, and any other country specific local tax.
• Identify opportunities to streamline processes and grow Accounting knowledge to minimize ongoing external support.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Economics.
• 3+ years of relevant experience in an international organization.
• A working knowledge of Accounting, CIT and VAT, regional and US GAAP.
• Affinity with ERP systems and an advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
• Excellent analytical skills with strong attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks and anticipating how a decision can affect our customers, our partners, our products or other departments’ operations and/or morale; “connecting the dots”.
• Open-minded and creative problem solver who is punctual, takes ownership for your work, able to deal with competing priorities and challenges yourself.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Fluency in business English (absolute must), other European language skills are a plus (German, French, Dutch).
• Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have Integrity, Be Active, Have Fun!
• A passion for the running enthusiast and practicing an active lifestyle.
• 1-year contract, to begin with, but this is a long-term opportunity.
• 25 paid vacation days and 8 national holidays per year
• Contribution to your pension.
• Travel expenses reimbursement - but we currently work from home
• Health insurance contribution of 90%.
• Bonus and merit potential.
• Fantastic work location, as our offices are inside the Olympic Stadion!
• Fun team activities, such as (virtual) Bootcamp, Yoga, #RunHappy runs, along with gym discounts.
• Discount on Brooks products.
Please submit your CV and motivation in English
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job