Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Note: This is a 6 month temporary assignment beginning ASAP.
The Digital Paid Media Marketing Specialist (Paid Social) will own all Paid Social efforts and will also help execute Brooks’ digital media strategy while ensuring our media agency is held accountable in meeting and exceeding weekly/monthly KPI targets. In partnership with the Digital Paid Media Marketing Manager, you will strategize, put in requests for creative, optimize and report out on paid social campaigns across multiple platforms.
The Digital Paid Media Marketing Specialist (Paid Social) manages agencies and vendors to ensure alignment with our paid media strategy and monitor day to day performance. This individual works with Brand Marketing, Digital Marketing, Integrated Marketing, Ecommerce, Creative, and Digital Products teams to support comprehensive plans to attain target KPIs for each channel. The successful candidate will be able to wear multiple hats, thinking about creative and media together to ensure great UX + performance.
• Be a subject matter expert for Paid Social across platforms including Facebook/Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Reddit, Tik Tok, and emerging platforms with a passion for understanding the latest opportunities and white spaces for brands.
• Implement and execute the strategy, delivery and optimization of all Paid Social media campaigns
• Submit requests for social creative, ensuring that assets are designed in a way to enhance the user experience, drive results, and are optimized for each specific social media platform.
• Support seasonal media plan and strategy development in partnership with Digital Paid Media Marketing Manager
• Budget management for all Paid Social campaigns while also making budget allocation recommendations within Paid Social for each phase of marketing funnel by channel including forecasting and modeling.
• Assist in developing quarterly budget plans and monthly targets, and approach agile budget planning process based on the business flows.
• Partner closely with our media agency partners to deliver on our media performance plans and goals.
• Pull data, analyze, draw insights, and clearly communicate campaign results to team members and provide recommendations to improve paid spend.
• Work cross-functionally across the organization and clearly communicate with cross functional teams such as Analytics, Integrated Marketing, Organic Social, Creative, Ecommerce, and Digital Products to execute campaigns.
• Candidate should be willing to develop a general understanding of other paid media channels within the media plan - including programmatic display/video, SEM, audio, and direct endemic partnerships. There may be opportunity/need to expand responsibilities to additional channels in the future.
• Develop test and learn opportunities within Paid Social with aligned KPIs.
• Work with the Organic Social team to determine strategies for boosting posts
• Own measurement and reporting on Paid Social marketing campaigns
• Monitor and report a detailed monthly dashboard of KPIs to all stakeholders on the broader marketing team.
• Assist in providing monthly, quarterly and campaign-based results for Integrated Marketing or other leadership teams
• Be the point of contact and owner for Paid Social, which means subject matter expertise, accountability with performance and tactics, and decision making.
• Other responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or similar required.
• 3+ years of related experience in digital marketing and paid social media.
• Must be comfortable working with an agency + cross-functional teams. Experience with agency and vendor management a plus.
• Ability to efficiently analyze data and tell its story to stakeholders
• Must have passion and love for social media, and believe in its long term value.
• Curious mindset with a bias towards action to move ideas into reality.
• Is very creative and brings new ideas for how we can reach new runners in surprising and compelling ways.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another.
• Is a problem solver. Proactively seeks creative solutions to achieve better runner experience.
• Demonstrates the ability to generate and present well-considered plans, ideas and solutions.
• Extremely proficient in core Microsoft Office products, especially Excel.
• Ability to challenge the norm, identify areas of opportunity and gaps, and develop realistic and high impactful solutions to drive the business forward.
• Aptitude for organization, flexibility, and producing results.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong runner focus/ability to anticipate and react to runner needs.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
• Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or