Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Footwear Product Developer II will help drive our footwear development process from concept to commercialization for core projects at certain complexity levels with occasional supervisory guidance. You will work with cross–functional and multi-national product creation teams to help support the development process between our US based team and our factories in China and Vietnam to meet model, commercialization and material development timelines. You will actively manage and engineer prototypes through to product confirmation while working directly with various product creation groups (Pattern Engineering, Asia Mold Shop, Sample Room, Costing, Materials, and Design Departments) to drive the tech package process and ensure products meet or exceed our quality standards. The Product Developer II will be responsible for generating and communicating ideas regarding the engineering principles that enhance footwear performance and overall value to our products. The Footwear Product Developer II will manage projects from concept to production and manage a project team with minimal guidance.
· Critique, adjust and evaluate all technical blueprints (outsole/ midsole/ upper), upper patterns and materials to optimize performance, manufacturability, and aesthetics perspective.
· Lead and manage multiple projects from Brief stage through Design, Development, Costing and Commercialization for core projects at certain complexity levels with minimal supervision.
· Execute project development according to the seasonal calendar to drive on–time delivery of sales samples, confirmation and commercialization with a strong understanding of advanced concepts of footwear creation process - pattern engineering, model making, part drawings, drafting, 2D documentation, mold making, materials, and understand costing/quality implications.
· Provide mentoring and coaching for more junior Development team members to ensure that products are manufacturable and meet cost and quality objectives of the organization.
· Recommend and specify to US product teams the component and construction options to meet costing targets, functional, aesthetic and quality goals
· Initiate and lead meetings with engineering team during various phases of development to review, evaluate, update product that leads to on–time production confirmation and achieving FOB target. Document key issues and drive action plans to resolve outstanding issues.
· Develop strong working relationship with internal and external partners to enable joint problem solving to achieve better products.
· Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills with persistent questioning to find out the “whys?”
· Update and maintain technical packages for assigned projects for each quarter, including midsole/outsole blueprints, upper pattern packages, color maps and project specifications
· Effectively communicate with our US Product teams (Development, Design, Product, Costing, R&D) to understand, manage, and execute product performance, aesthetics, and costing vision.
· Collaborate with our Materials team and vendors to select and improve materials that meet or exceed Brooks’ high standards.
· Identify and assign block system and grade rules for given footwear products.
· Keep abreast of latest footwear market trends and new manufacturing process and new technology and provide recommendations for updates and improvements on the development process
· Create and revise appropriate documentation for assigned products; ensure all appropriate development documentation is maintained
· Display an in-depth knowledge of some of the manufacturing process with the ability to learn new manufacturing techniques and apply them to products
· Other responsibilities as required.
· Preferably hold a degree in a post-secondary discipline (ex. Associate degree, B.A, etc) and could be substituted with relevant experience;
· 5+ years relevant experience in the product development of Athletic Footwear;
· Fluent English communication skills (both speaking and writing). Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from their counterparts at US headquarters, cross-functional colleagues, factory partners, etc
· Technical construction knowledge for all classifications and all fabrications.
· Understanding of components that impact costing and knowledge of cost engineering
· Basic knowledge of body shapes and how shape effects fit.
· Understanding of grading rules including how to apply and where to use.
Proven track record of successful collaboration in global product development teams
Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; must be extremely detail-oriented
Must possess the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, team environment
Strong organizational skills and independent working habits
Must be proficient with MS Office applications (excel, word and powerpoint); flexPLM, MS Project, Illustrator experience a plus
Reports to: Footwear Development Manager
Department: Footwear Product Development
Position Class: Salaried
Position Location: Linh Trung Industrial Zone II, Thu Duc, HCM
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job