Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The mission of the Run Research Team is to create and leverage novel, scientific concepts and runner-driven product performance insights to create amazing products to help everyone run their path to a better self. The work produced by this team informs all the product categories for the Brooks Sports brand.
Technical running gear starts and ends with the runner. Utilizing the scientific method and advanced data analytic platforms in conjunction with product knowledge, you will work with cross-functional product creation teams to collect and synthesize product performance insights from the runner to deliver technical running product that exceeds consumer expectations. The primary focus of the Product Wear Test Analyst is to combine their hands-on experience with their knowledge of study design, data collection, data synthesis, data visualization, and technical product to quantify runner feedback on the quality and performance of our products. You will ensure the products tested meet Brooks’ performance and quality standards. Your ideas around data collection and data visualization in conjunction with your ability to translate data into solutions allow you to quickly draw conclusions about product performance and make recommendations for product improvements.
• Ensure participant recruitment aligns with product objectives and target consumer using your knowledge of the full product line and how each product is unique from one another. Partner with Product Line Management teams to ensure project recruitment aligns with product consumer
• Own validation of Brooks fit, feel, ride and experience goals through the runner throughout the product creation process, from foam compound development to first prototype through to commercialization, with unwavering commitment to product excellence. You will lead product evaluation for top selling product and major franchises within Brooks.
• Display an in-depth understanding of study design with the ability to modify the testing procedure in order to advance and achieve new data collection, visualization, and analysis techniques that improve the overall performance of the product.
• Own and advance data analysis for product assessment. Using your advanced experience with data analytic tools, identify and implement innovative, efficient, and visually impactful methods to visualize and analyze perceptual feedback related to fit, feel, ride and experience with performance athletic product.
• Effective translation of product testing results into articulate, persuasive, and actionable conclusions to a cross functional team with a variety of backgrounds.
• Own conclusion of fit, feel, ride and experience objectives validated through the runner used to make crucial decisions regarding manufacturing, development, and distribution of product. Partner with product Development teams to identify potential solutions for any concerns with fit, feel, ride or experience. Provide your runner-driven product go, no go conclusions at seasonal scorecard product meetings with product teams and senior leadership.
• Ensure on time delivery of conclusions regarding fit, feel and ride validated through the runner in accordance with critical seasonal calendar deadlines to enable on-time delivery of product to the market.
• Initiate and lead meetings with product creation teams (Development, Product Line Management, Merchandising, Design) during various phases of the development and commercialization process to review previous testing results for product brief creation, current testing results for the latest models in development, opportunities for future iterations of the product, and key deliverable dates to ensure testing results are distributed with enough time to take action, leading to on time production confirmation.
• Own initiatives that increase the number of runners in our database available for product testing opportunities. This includes but is not limited to recruitment survey access through Brooksrunning.com, connecting with runners at local running hot spots, building relationships with running clubs, influencers and coaches across the nation.
• Lead execution of original and independent wear test research that drives product excellence for multiple departments within the company. Research should focus on innovative ways to connect with the runner, analysis of perceptual feedback from thousands of runners, that lead to new directives for fit, feel and ride that amplifies the running experience.
• Partner with Development team members to further advance your understanding of manufacturing and how product construction influences fit, feel, and ride to enable problem solving when runner feedback identifies concerns.
• Keep abreast of market trends and consumer needs to ensure that products incorporate the functional needs our runners demand.
• Mentor Run Research interns with opportunities to manage junior Analysts.
• Other responsibilities as required.
• M.Sc. in Biomechanics, or related field including Engineering, Kinesiology, Physiology, Exercise Science, Human Factors, or Ergonomics plus 1+ years of relevant work experience.
• 5+ years of experience in Athletic Footwear Industry in lieu of a graduate degree.
• 1+ years’ experience in product creation or retail experience in running.
• Understanding of running shoe design features and components and how they influence fit, feel and ride required.
• Expertise working in the technical running community, evaluating how products fit and perform as well as expert knowledge of the technical running marketplace.
• Proven ability to lead and influence in a collaborative, cross-functional group to meet strategic objectives.
• Experience in presenting scientific principles to technical and non-technical groups to communicate the Brooks point of view inside and outside of our walls.
• Demonstrated ability to develop highly productive relationships with individuals and teams that are made up of diverse disciplines and cultural backgrounds resulting in effective working relationships across the company
• Strong verbal and writt