Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Retail Marketing Specialist is critical to our success with our retail partners. In partnership with the local Sales and Marketing team and the EMEA Retail team, you will be responsible for developing and executing the right retail marketing plans for Brooks retail partners to ensure a smooth delivery of our seasonal brand stories and in-store activations.
• Plan, present and activate retail marketing plans for retailer segments (Key Accounts, buying groups, Independent retailers) based on the seasonal demand and sales plans for UK & IE and based on EMEA directives.
• Develop and execute retail marketing activities for key retailers (Key accounts, buying groups, Independent retailers) and standard POS programs.
• Partner with Sales Manager, Key Account Manager, Tech Rep Supervisor, Sales Reps, Tech Reps to develop retail marketing for POS and seasonal launch plans.
• Monitor, and report to the business on, success of Retail activity using KPI’s & Metrics agreed with Marketing Manager & Retail Marketing Manager
• Ensure consistent and continuous visibility of the Brooks brand and products at POS (brick & mortar, online, social, PR, retail events) as well as continuous marketing support of Sales and Tech Reps to drive sell through.
• Execute project requests for in-store and digital retail and partner with Retail Marketing teammates on large-scale projects.
• Plan and execute shop-in-shop concepts, designated in-store campaign or brand floorspace or events for key retailers.
• Liaise with the EMEA Marketing team to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met on time.
• Travel with Sales and Marketing management to account meetings and trade shows for retail marketing presentations and other commitments.
• Plan and monitor respective account marketing budgets under the direction of the Retail Marketing Manager.
• Keep up-to-date on new POS tools, in particular digital retail tools and identify potential opportunities to innovate or improve our existing processes.
• Collaborate closely with other UK & IE marketing departments (Online/Social, PR, Event, Design) to ensure consistent and continuous brand messaging
• Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business/marketing) or apprenticeship in trade
• 2+ years of relevant sales and/or marketing experience (brand, footwear, retail & lifestyle experience)
• Fluency in English
• Good understanding of brand building and integrated marketing approach
• Must have proven experience in co-operation with sales and retail marketing
• Readiness to travel and attend meetings and offerings with customers as well as events
• Able to generate new ideas and creative solutions
• Drive & energetic, trend-conscious; sport-savvy
• Flexibility to work on own initiative or within team and cross-functional framework
• Excellent organizational and management skills
• Ability to multi-task and to get the job done when needed (hands on mentality
• Good knowledge of following software: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, (Graphic program a plus)
• Strong passion for the running enthusiast and practicing an active lifestyle;
• Able to generate new ideas and creative solutions;
• Car driver’s license
• Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There’s No ‘I’ in Run, Keep Moving
Please note that this is not a remote role
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job