Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As a Compensation Analyst, you will work with the Compensation team and broader HR to drive Brooks’ global compensation programs. Your role is key to Brooks’ efforts to attract, retain, and engage the employees we need to make the best running gear in the world and inspire everyone to run and be active.
You will prepare compensation analyses and perform processes to ensure that compensation decisions are made objectively in a streamlined process with relevant market data. With clear information and thoughtfully designed processes, this work will inform business leaders to make the most effective and equitable compensation decisions for all employees. You will play a key role in driving our efforts to progress the company towards greater transparency in compensation decisions.
• Perform compensation analyses to determine the pay range for new positions and regularly refresh analyses and pay range recommendations for current positions with the latest market data
• Partner with the HRBP and Recruiting teams to set fair, equitable, consistent, and competitive pay for open requisitions and review offers to candidates.
• Review job descriptions at a high level to ensure the job written reflects the intention behind the role (title, expectations of role, place in job family, distinction between roles)
• Review and educate on pay equity practices at Brooks – support recruiting and managers in maintaining equity at offer and at promotion
• Serve as the compensation go-to for the teams you support across the business; partner with HR leaders to connect compensation programs to all aspects of the Brooks employee experience.
• Drive the maintenance and administration of the database housing the compensation analyses linking jobs to relevant market data and identify opportunities to streamline data integration with surveys and Workday.
• Perform analyses on compensation trends within the company, including the development and maintenance of compensation metrics and dashboards
• Participate in third party compensation surveys to obtain up-to-date market data and inform salary budgets and range movement; keep up-to-date on compensation trends and practices to identify new opportunities to innovate and drive competitive compensations practices at Brooks
• Play a key role in the annual merit process; Partner with the Workday team to ensure accurate ranges are included and work with HRBPs to review merit proposals for pay equity and accuracy
• Identify process improvement opportunities related to compensation, suggest and collaborate with Manager, Compensation to ideate, and implement process changes and communication
• Collaborate with Payroll and Finance to ensure effective execution of pay programs in North America.
• Host training and information sessions to keep managers informed on how compensation works at Brooks, and to guide both managers and employees through annual compensation processes
• Partner with the greater HR and Internal Communications teams to support wide-scale communications related to Compensation
• Stay informed around best practices in the fields of compensation, benefits, rewards, performance management, and related fields
• Possess a thorough understanding and maintain knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local regulations and compliance requirements that impact pay programs, including but not limited to FLSA, minimum wage, and compensation disclosure regulations. Develop plans to address any required changes
• Partner with global HR leaders to understand regional compensation trends and issues and identify areas to address and/or localize. Flag to Manager, Compensation to collaborate on consistent solves across the organization.
• Participate in discussions and development of compensation strategies, philosophies, and policies, develop HR data analytics, reporting, and compensation processes
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, Psychology, or related field
• 3+ years’ experience preferably in Compensation, and/or Human Resources, Finance, or related field
• Certified Compensation Professional or Global Remuneration Professional certification is a plus
• Preferred experience supporting Corporate HQ, Retail, Customer Service and/or Distribution Center operations
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills; able to see the broad implication of decisions and use data to make effective judgments
• Analytical with an excellent ability to gather facts, manipulate large complex datasets, and analyze information to draw insights and make objective recommendations
• Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal communication skills, collaboration skills and presentation ability.
• Influential and able to engage with others in complicated and emotional workplace issues to collaborate on solutions and action.
• Process oriented, organized, thorough, and a keen attention to detail for complex multi-stage projects
• Action oriented and proactive with the ability to move projects forward without continuous motivation or direction, in a fast-paced work environment. Reactive as appropriate.
• Exemplary project management skills and ability to oversee and deliver across multiple tasks and deadlines
• Continued curiosity with a hunger for learning new processes, techniques, technologies, perspectives, and subject areas
• Expertise in Microsoft Excel and the ability to keep learning new techniques and other software
• Preferred experience with Workday HRIS software
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or