Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Manager, Demand Planning Manager will lead the Demand Planning team to develop the 5 years strategic and 24 months Operational Demand Plan at brand, SKU and account level for multi-categories and multi-channels to support growing Brooks business.
Functionally, you will be responsible for executing the Demand Planning Strategy and Operational Excellence program that generates industry leading forecast accuracy to support service and inventory performance.
Operationally, you will lead the creation of the channel/category operational demand forecasts through statistical methods and business drivers analysis collaborating with Sales, Retail Analytics, Customers, Marketing and Finance. You will manage the Market Demand, New Product introduction and Promotional plans to drive forecasting consensus and support the Senior Manager, Demand Planning in facilitating Brooks Sales & Operations Planning Demand Review.
• Manage a team of Demand Planners to develop 5 year strategic and 24 months operational demand plans at brand, SKU and account level for specific channel/category
• Leverage key account history, color trends, replenishment, orders, expectations and the larger company sales and inventory strategy to develop a bottoms-up SKU level demand plan.
• Manage brand, product category and channel level forecasts to achieve forecast accuracy objectives leveraging modeling, sell-in and/or sell-out history analysis and the input of retail analytics, sales, product and marketing.
• Play a key role in monthly consensus meetings with Sales, Retail Analytics, Marketing, Finance & Market Supply Planning to ensure forecasting objectives are achieved.
• Review and validate the quantification of new product introductions utilizing historical data for both internal and competitive launches, planned marketing support and key account sales plans; then validate risks & opportunities.
• Animate or articulate the demand for a brand category, per customer channel or account for different business scenarios connecting demand variation with business parameters and drivers (Door plan, Introduction, Promotional planning, Inventory at retail policy, Portfolio sell-out performance, etc…)
• Ensure Launch, Promotion and other Customer or Business Historical Data and Insights are properly managed to provide support for future modeling.
• Build and maintain excellent relationships with key internal customers based on trust and confidence.
• Identify deviations from forecasted results and other disruptions and promptly resolve or make recommendations for any issues.
• Prepare demand planning input for budget, trend and strategic & operational S&OP for the Supply Chain, Business and Financial communities.
• Review forecast accuracy analysis (FA% and Bias%) including root cause and performance problem solving.
• Set goals, report, review and continuously improve forecast accuracy (FA% and Bias%), Portfolio Optimization KPI, Demand Planning Excellence Maturity Score.
• Manage team performance and ensure appropriate development and succession planning of each team member.
• Contribute in the Global Demand Planning Community by developing a Demand Planning Excellence program and participating in cross functional project teams
• Other projects and responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a business, supply chain, science, engineering or related discipline, Graduate Degree (MBA preferred) or equivalent education and experience.
• Demand & Supply planning, Inventory management, S&OP qualifications (CPIM, CPSM, APICS…)
• 7+ years of operational business unit experience in Supply Chain & Logistics. Demand or Supply Planning and Customer Supply Chain experience preferred.
• 5+ years of work experience in Demand Planning including 3 as Demand Planning Manager in context of business growth and functional transformation
• 3+ years’ management experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead through influencing as well as strong skills as a negotiator to reach consensus, buy-in and commitment.
• Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills interacting cross functionally at multiple levels within the enterprise
• Compliance and customer centric mindset
• Analytical skills to evaluate root cause analysis, thoroughness and problem solving skills, developing continuous improvement in a team environment
• Knowledge of international, end to end Integrated Supply Chain organizations & systems from Manufacturing, Supply Chain Integrated Planning, Customer Logistics, to Physical Distribution network
• English language capability in writing, reading and speaking
• Ability to leverage team engagement and enablement that contributes to develop Brooks as a Best Place to Work
• Strong ability to lead and Manage teams and develop organizational talent.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
• Travel 5% (Domestically/Internationally)
• Preferred qualifications (or experience) include:
• Demand Planning systems leveraging statistical forecasting methods
• BI, Tableau or any other Data warehouse/analytics system
• Excel – Intermediate/advanced level
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job