Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
Brooks is looking for talented, motivated and driven Warehouse Associates to become part of an excellent team. This is a great opportunity for you if you are safety-conscious, hard-working and want to excel in a warehouse environment. As a Brooks DC Warehouse Associate you’ll work in many functions within a warehouse environment. You will report directly to a home department on a daily basis and will be expected to have flexibility to aid other departments as work volumes change. This physical, multi-faceted role provides opportunities to learn about various warehouse processes while working with a team of people that truly care about the Brooks brand and the values they stand for.
• Accurately and efficiently pick merchandise (footwear, apparel, and accessories) and transport to appropriate destinations around the distribution center
• Accurately and efficiently put away customer returns that are returned from an external vendor
• Comply with all safety & FTZ (Foreign Trade Zone) requirements
• Conduct timely and accurate receipt on inbound product (includes offloading and put away)
• Read work instructions or receive verbal instructions to determine task assignments
• Accurately and efficiently perform VAS (value added services) to product as required by our customers
• Accurately and efficiently pack units for customer orders in multiple areas of the DC (Putwalls, Put-to-Light, Singles, Full-case, etc.)
• Scan units, cartons, pallets, and location labels using an electronic RF scanner
• Aid in loading and unload trailers by hand for inbound and outbound processes
• Accurately match numbers & letters for all instances where an RF scanner needs to systematically move product within the DC.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area
• Communicate with associates from other shifts in a respectful and collaborative manner
• Open and close dock doors for inbound and outbound processes to ensure FTZ compliance.
• Perform routine housekeeping tasks within your department.
• Other projects and tasks as assigned by DC Lead and/or DC Supervisor.
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent, preferred
• Minimum of 1-year experience using typical warehouse processing equipment (eg: scan guns, RF scanners, etc.), a plus
• Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. frequently, 40 lbs. occasionally, and 50 lbs. seldomly
• Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear, required
• Maintain personal grooming and wear clothing appropriate for a distribution center
• Ability to frequently sit; stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, required
• Ability to work in limited climate controlled conditions, required
• Ability to work a regular work schedule and flexible work schedule when needed; overtime when necessary during the scheduled workweek, weekends and holidays when work volume dictates the need, required
• Ability to work independently, provide first-rate customer service, exercise flexibility when asked to transition into other tasks, demonstrate effective organizational and multi-tasking skills, and demonstrate excellent time management skills, required
• Ability to work effectively with others, build and maintain positive, collaborative relationships with co-workers, and maintain a calm demeanor in stressful situations, required
• Adherence to the DC Attendance Policy is an essential component of the job
• Ability to embrace and live Brooks’ values!
• The physical demands and other essential functions described in this job description are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job; reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job