Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. And sometimes we run in that gear while wearing costumes and silly hats. The point is we have a great time doing what we do. If you’re on our team, it means you are contributing to the idea that the run is a limitless source of positive energy. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to live and breathe Run Happy with us?
As the Senior Integrations Engineer, you will be responsible for integrating various technologies used at Brooks, including the ERP system (Infor M3) with complementary and often cloud-based solutions to provide seamless, innovative and feature-rich technology supporting our eCommerce and wholesale businesses. Of utmost importance is maintaining the enterprise middleware and architecture patterns with best practices, processes, standards, and tools.
You will be a part of the IT Enterprise Applications team and will work with a team of Functional Analysts, Architects and other developers, along with members of the Digital Products team as well as key business stakeholders. You will contribute to the design and implementation of integrations that allows seamless communication within Brooks and our partners to keep our operations humming.
In this role, you will be responsible for timely and quality delivery of specifications and interfaces on projects and enhancement workstreams; ensuring consistent availability of business functionality and effective communications between internal and external applications. Paramount responsibility is ensuring that customer facing transactions are processed efficiently, accurately and effectively.
• Perform all stages of the development lifecycle to create automated integrations - from requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, to deployment – in alignment with the architecture principles and patterns in place at Brooks
• Ensure alignment with our integration strategy based on principles of reusability, security, scalability and quality leveraging Infor OS middleware platform
• Play a key role in technical design sessions; develop detailed technical solution documentation that is aligned with business objectives and quality standards;
• Act as a technical expert on middleware, integration technologies and cloud technologies to perform POCs to support design, to create detailed technical specification and test cases to support Systems Integration testing, Performance/Volume/Stress/Load testing and regression testing.
• Develop, test, and document integrations, and data migration elements across internal applications and external partners
• Develop and maintain documentation including business process flows, system context diagrams, technical specifications, and integration mappings
• Contribute to the roadmap to meet company objectives bydeveloping scalable enterprise solutions that ensure fault-tolerant event handling and monitoring.
• Participate in code reviews with other members on the team for ongoing delivery to ensure that code quality is at the highest level possible and consistent with the design and recommended architecture pattern.
• Assist in building and designing a reusable family of internal Process and Experience APIs to support our internal business process and systems
• Quickly learn new technologies, think out-of-the-box to find creative solutions, and communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences
• Provide detailed estimates and work breakdown for projects/workstreams/responsibilities to support our Agile practices
• Provide input to project cutover and rollback plans
• Perform root-cause-analysis on production application and integration failures and drive necessary remediation of defects. Lead resolution on serious incidents and extraordinary requirements
• Support system upgrades, fixes and enhancements and ensure that ITIL-based change control processes are followed for approvals, planning, testing, documentation and implementation
• Participate in development of disaster recovery plans and annual testing for each assigned application based on business criticality. Provide input to ensure disaster recovery documentation is current and complete with clearly defined roles and responsibilities
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or relevant major or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of Software Development experience.
• 4+ years of experience with designing and developing SOA-based integrations using technology/frameworks such as TIBCO, Mulesoft, etc. Infor ION/Infor OS is preferred
• Expert in using SQL to query databases to support analysis, design, research and troubleshooting efforts
• Experience with CI/CD technologies such as TFS, Maven and Jenkins
• Experience with AWS Cloud Services and technologies – architure and/or development - is a huge plus
• Understanding of integration security features (such as policies, roles, etc.)
• Prefered experience in the retail/fashion or other consumer product goods industries
• Highly developed troubleshooting skills; tenacity and hunger for finding the root cause of a problem
• Proven growth mindset – curiosity, learning, creativity and innovation
• Demonstrated pragmatic and thoughtful approach to problem solving
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organizing, and executing tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all the pieces fit together and affect one another
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively (elicit and articulate) to technical and non-technical audiences is essential
• Knowledge of ITIL service management framework and best practices for systems administration.
• Dependable and reliable; available to provide after-hours support as needed
• Ability to travel occasionally as required for the job
• Unwavering demonstration of Brooks’ core values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There’s no “I” in RUN; Keep Moving
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to