Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
As a DC HR Business Partner, you’ll play a key role in influencing how people work at Brooks. You will be responsible for integrating Brooks’ talent management programs and policies into our DC with focused intention on linking talent to opportunities, increasing manager capabilities, and providing career development support to all employees.
In this position, you will build trust and establish partnerships with DC leaders as a strategic consultative thought partner in the delivery of HR programs and services that develop organizational and talent capability in assigned client groups. Programs include, but are not limited to Workforce Planning, Talent Identification, Performance Management, and Employee Relations.
In this role, you will think strategically as well as roll up your sleeves and dive deep into practical application of HR process, programs and best practices. You will be asked to understand business priorities and translate them into people initiatives that support the DC’s three-year road map, and respond to any special projects based on evolving business needs.
• Act as an HR advisor across the Distribution Center) in areas including talent management, performance management, leadership development, succession planning, , diversity equity and inclusion, and employee relations
• Act as a trusted partner and reliable resource to employees by advising on processes, procedures, or providing the information needed on general employment topics
• Partner with all of the HR disciplines including, HR Operations, People Programs and Recruitment, to ensure an integrated and high-quality delivery of programs.
• Lead the annual merit process for assigned client groups. Connect with DC leadership including Managers, Supervisors, Analysts and Team Leads to understand talent needs across the team, provide guidance, support and recommendations to manage annual merit and promotions in alignment within an identified budget.
• Work with DC leaders to develop a deep understanding of their business strategies, priorities and objectives to gain insights that allow you to effectively partner with leaders on talent assessment, change management strategies and tactics.
• Provide advice and input on business unit workforce planning, DC leadership succession planning, training, and retention planning with Senior HR Manager guidance.
• Partner with DC leaders to include Managers, Supervisors and teams to understand the DC strategic roadmap in order to advise on opportunities to influence team performance and organizational effectiveness.
• Conduct regular 1 on 1 meetings with DC managers and supervisors to review talent, advise on performance management, career development, , etc.
• Facilitate the annual Brooks Cultural Strengths Survey. Perform analysis, draw insights, identify themes and publish results. Facilitate meetings to share results with client groups, and partner with DC functional leadership teams to develop specific action plans to respond to employee feedback and trends.
• Contribute to the design of culture and other HR programs with Sr. HR Manager, as required.
• Manage unemployment claims to ensure accurate claims and timely submission of any required responses.
• Provide support on the DC Headcount Tracker in alignment with DC HR Operations Analyst.
• Create, lead, and execute engagement initiatives within the DC.
• Facilitate DC new hire orientation.
• Use HR and business metrics to assess internal and external talent needs and trends and inform HR strategies.
• Provide oversight on management of temporary agency staff
• Identify, evaluate and participate in HR program design, partnering with colleagues in HR, Legal and Finance to effectively communicate and implement programs within the DC.
• Understand and apply HR compliance and employment laws, such as FMLA, FLSA, Pay Equity, ADA, etc. when addressing employee relations issues and unique situations. Partner with HR Compliance and Legal teams as necessary.
• Act as a leader for Brooks diversity & inclusion efforts. Advocate for DE&I across all levels of the DC. Approach employee growth, development, and employee relations with a DE&I lens.
• Manage the prioritization of activities and actions across the DC teams that you support
• Provide advice, counsel and support in resolving employee performance issues, disputes and other sensitive matters.
• Communicate HR initiatives and act as a liaison between partner groups and HR functional areas regarding service delivery. Maintain an open line of communication with managers and employees on new and existing HR services.
• Other responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in HR or related field.
• 5+ years of progressive HR experience, minimum of 2 in a generalist or HRBP role
• You have prior experience as an HR Generalist or Business Partner including diagnosing/assessing organizations, identifying root cause, influencing business leaders, and implementing solutions that increase manager effectiveness and employee engagement.
• Knowledge of current trends and practices relating talent management.
• Experience in a business consultancy and/or coaching roles with managers.
• Excellent social and influence skills with experience establishing credibility and working relationships at all levels throughout the organization.
• Strong program management and facilitation skills along with the ability to support and mentor others in these domains.
• Experience or familiarity with Insights, MBTI or other profiling programs a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
• Embrace and live the Brooks’ values!
• A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunit