Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The primary role of the Associate Industrial Engineer supports Brooks’ Footwear Costing team to validate PPPH and material waste in sample rooms at tier 1, tier 2 and subcontractors’ factories versus cost sheets on a seasonal basis. You will collect and audit production line output data model-by-model and overall and share observed improvement opportunities for cost savings. Strong communication skills in local language and English is required for this role.
· Work closely with Development and Commercialization teams to learn Brooks’ construction methods and manufacturing processes.
· Collect PPPH (pairs per person per hour) at sample stages and provide IE study results to Costing Analysts to help them finalize seasonal costing.
· Travel frequently to vendors’ factory sites to collect IE data during sample development stages and provide feedback to Costing team to validate the material and/or process costs on the seasonal cost sheets.
· During production, compare and validate the IE data collected during sample development stages and provide feedback to Costing team to determine if additional material/process savings can be captured
· Compare efficiency of processes and material usage across products/factories/vendors and identify opportunities for improvement during sample development stages. Share time between our local-based footwear factories and suppliers in/around the areas.
· Work closely with Production Planner to validate factory scheduled hours versus cost sheet assumptions and CSR reports.
· Provide reports on monthly PPPH (pairs per person per hour) and analyze and identify the data collected and communicate opportunities for process improvement to Costing team.
· Continually learn new, modern manufacturing techniques and lean/six-sigma practices.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Must have bachelor’s degree or 1+ years experience preferably in Industrial Engineering or manufacturing; Footwear experience preferred.
Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in both local language and English
· Willing to work hard and learn.
· Keen attention to detail in planning, organization, documentation, and execution of tasks.
· Ability to maintain a high level of integrity, remain flexible, be results-oriented and work within a team.
Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Basic proficiency using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
Ability to work professionally and efficiently with all key departments including Costing, Asia Development, Commercialization, Production, and QA.
· Must align strongly with Brooks corporate values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Compete as a Team, Have integrity, and Be Active, Have Fun.
Reports to: Sr. Industrial Engineer - China
Department: Footwear Admin
Position Class: Exempt, Salaried
Position Location: Vietnam
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job