Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The Digital Products Senior Web Developer is a pivotal part of the growing Brooks Digital Products team and has the opportunity to be one of the key players in the growth of our global web business, working to improve both the end user experience as well as increase revenue. You will work with both front-end and back-end technologies to help Brooks reach company goals, and you will take action against a prioritized list of products and initiatives designed to optimize Brooks’ web sites.
This role is responsible for building and architecting enterprise-level web applications and defining standards for web development on brooksrunning.com that enable fast, responsive, and highly interactive mobile-first web experiences. Key responsibilities for this role will focus on performing peer code reviews, documenting system architecture and design patterns, while leading by example through writing code that is scalable, modular, and reusable. Successful candidates will be equally comfortable leading projects, sharing technical expertise, writing code, and working side-by-side with both technical and non-technical team members to ensure that provided solutions meet the needs of a small and fast-paced technology team.
• Adapt, develop, and deploy scalable and appropriate solutions across global suite of websites using the Salesforce Commerce Cloud development (customized) framework.
• Collaborate with developers, QA, UX Designers, and Product Managers throughout the software lifecycle to successfully deliver high quality digital products including services, databases, and web sites.
• Contribute to and improve an agile development environment.
• Provide alternative development options, including tradeoff information to enable the team to make educated decisions regarding optimal implementation of features/projects.
• Learn and keep up to date on the web applications and best practices and make recommendations for improvements to existing practices.
• Establish and evolve technical best practices for delivering Brooks digital products.
• Establish, maintain, and contribute to documentation infrastructure allowing members of Digital Products team to outline system architecture, design patterns and workflows.
• Conduct technical walkthroughs with both technical and non-technical team members.
• Translate requirements into solutions designed for complex projects.
• Train and mentor development team members.
• Lead and resolve production incidents.
• BA/BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience in a customer-facing eCommerce/web environment
• Proficient with and comfortable learning different software development technologies and understanding of how software gets made and delivered: SDLC, IDE’s, Code repositories like GitHub, QA/Testing environments, build servers and release management
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically and see projects through to successful completion
• Expert knowledge of website performance optimization techniques
• Expert in building progressively enhanced, mobile-first web apps using modular, unit-testable components
• A motivated self-starter, able to work with little guidance
• Demonstrated ability to document and train on best practice development patterns and mentor/demonstrate their benefit to teammates
• Demonstrated ability to lead and contribute to enterprise level projects
• Proficient with Responsive and Adaptive web design techniques
• Conversant knowledge of Agile/SCRUM techniques
• Conversant knowledge of user experience best practices and accessibility standards
• Conversant knowledge of localization/internationalization techniques
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams to achieve necessary results
• Development experience on the Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2C platform preferably with the Storefront Reference Architecture (nice to have)
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job