Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The Product Engineer II drives our footwear commercialization process from development to production. Actively manages and engineers the footwear commercialization while working with various product groups (USA DP, Asia DP, Factory Manufacturing partners for uppers and tooling). Drives the commercialization process and ensure that products meet or exceed our quality standards.
List in priority order the key accountabilities of this team player.
· Ability to lead and manage multiple projects from confirmation sample to consumer-based ready for manufacturing.
· Display an in-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process with the ability to manipulate the process in order to advance and achieve manufacturing techniques to enhance the overall performance of product.
· Manages fit trials in Asia.
· Work with development teams to ensure materials fit and function meet Brooks requirements.
o Provides standard commercialization check points (model fit, extreme fit, pre-production fit) and approval of production standards.
o Establish PFC for production in collaboration with factory partners.
o Review component construction, pattern and process at the product factory.
o Review and confirm wear test shoes before shipping to the USA.
· Perform standard commercialization checks to ensure product is manufactured according to approved product specifications, including functional and aesthetic performance specifications.
· Work closely with QA team to maintain product integrity in production. Walk the lines regularly with QA team to inspect product.
· Review and confirm, in conjunction with Mold Engineer and Production, all wear test sample and production tooling (ms/os/tpu).
· Review and confirm with Production all upper materials for wear test and production.
· Assist USA/Asia DP, Factory and Production Teams with upper pattern, upper molds and tooling concerns for production starting from first round sample production, ensuring that the product meets or exceeds Brooks standards for manufacturing.
· Provide solutions to issues as they arise during the early stages of design/development.
· Daily communication with factory and production teams essential.
· Responsible for updating all timeline reports accurately and in a timely manner on the Brooks files anywhere information repository.
· Lead and Support problem solving and resolve issues/opportunities.
· Provide Leadership to ensure timely start up and delivery with Quality and Compliance
· Document best practices for the defined technology and manage the proliferation of the process documentation with all affected locations.
· Brand control and influence
o PE’s role in maintaining the brand’s control/influence over shoe making process
o Enforce standard processes across all factories
o Troubleshoot process problems, and update SOP accordingly to avoid repeat incidents
o Communicate to factory regarding new processes and technologies that the brand plans to use
o Evaluate factory/supplier readiness to implement new technologies that the brand plans to use
· Participation in entire product cycle
o Review and comment from product intro until initial production
o Evaluate manufacturability of product starting from concept introduction
o Guide development process to ensure product manufacturability
o Manage internal (US dev) and external (retailer) expectations to follow what can be realistically produced by the production line
· Bachelor Degree in relevant major
· A minimum 5+ years of Footwear industry, 3+ years experience of commercialization
· Fluent in English, Mandarin is a plus- ability to communicate clearly with USA teams.
· Communication, organizational skills and a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Advanced Knowledge of footwear production process.
· Aggressive and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
· A chemical/engineering background is an advantage.
· Good product eye ability and historical vision
· Experience in shoe patternmaking is a must.
· Understand outsole and midsole mold making (2D, 3D, blue print)
· With strong working knowledge in footwear development, commercialization, and manufacturing.
· Self-motivated with excellent decision-making capabilities. Time management, multi-tasking and performing under pressure
· Good project management and organizational skills.
· Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
· Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job