Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
Note: This is a temporary assignment beginning mid-November and ending August 2022.
As Brooks’ Temporary Benefits Analyst you will drive our North America health and welfare programs. Your main responsibilities include full-cycle management of benefit plans and administration and employee perks programs. A key project in 2022 will be designing our future self-funded plan. (Previous experience with self-funded preferred.) This role will support a positive Brooks’ employee experience by administering best in class benefit programs and educating employees through benefit communications and trainings.
• Manage Brooks’ North America employee health and welfare benefits, including but not limited to: Medical/Dental/Vision, Life, Short-term and Long-term insurances, 401k, and COBRA.
• Execute the 2022 annual benefits calendar including:
• Drive the process to design and build a self-funded plan
• Obtain necessary Legal review and corresponding approvals
• Ensure compliance requirements are met including but not limited to employee notices, 5500, Summary Annual Report, non-discrimination testing and 1094/1095 forms.
• Responsible for the accuracy of ACA reporting requirements.
• Serve as the primary HR contact for employee benefit questions. Present benefits overview for HQ and expat new employee onboarding.
• Own vendor relationships including insurance carriers, benefits broker, and 3rd party administrators for COBRA and FSA.
• Ensure all third-party benefit billings are reviewed, audited, and paid timely and appropriately.
• Collaborate with Brooks Payroll, Finance, HR Systems, and other departments to ensure accurate payroll deductions for each pay cycle.
• Support employees through leave of absences under FMLA (state and national programs) including coordination with benefit carriers and communication between applicable parties.
• Keep apprised of benefits legislation and regulations and make recommendations to ensure company compliance.
• Administer ADA requests and partner with HR resources to navigate the interactive process.
• Partner with Facilities for any workers compensation claims for Seattle HQ.
• Support the ongoing administration of employee perks, including annual review with an eye for identifying opportunities for changes, additions, and deletions. Partner with HR Programs to ensure perks are effective.
• Complete annual benefit surveys, including but not limited to Milliman, HRRT, and Best Places to Work.
• Ensure extreme confidentiality of records and information.
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business; May be substituted by specific, relevant HR experience.
• 3+ years of human resources experience specifically in benefit administration.
• Experience with Workday preferred.
• A strong customer service orientation.
• Prior vendor management experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the capability to build trust and respect within the organization.
• Strong analytical skills and a robust knowledge the benefits legal environment.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Current working knowledge of federal and state benefit laws and regulations, including COBRA, Section 125, ERISA, HIPPA, FMLA, ADA, OSHA and Affordable Care Act knowledge.
• Love of data & accuracy! Extremely detail-oriented and able to manage own schedule to meet daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
• Must possess the ability to execute a wide variety of tasks and work in a fast-paced, team environment.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
• Strong self-starter – ability to take on and complete projects with minimal direction.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information professionally and discreetly.
• Flexibility to handle unexpected projects and a demonstrated willingness to help others.
• A passion for the running enthusiast and active lifestyle.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job