Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The Associate Trim Developer is an integral part of the Apparel Material Development Team and supports the needs of Design and Product Development. As the Associate Trim Developer, you will utilize general product and process knowledge to support and drive the trim development process for assigned seasonal styles. You will collaborate daily with our product team to understand and accomplish seasonal product concepts, participate in key supplier meetings and conduct trim reviews with the product team. The Associate Trim Developer will collaborate with the Material team to identify key issues in trim construction, manufacturing and pricing and will offer insight to reach a resolution in a timely manner.
• Participate in meetings with Product Line, Apparel Development and Design (Triad) teams during various phases of the development and commercialization process to review, evaluate, update and ultimately support the decision- making process that leads to on–time production confirmation and margin goals
• Manage trim testing by identifying the type of testing required based on industry standards, submitting the test request to the third-party lab and reviewing and reporting on the status of the tests.
• Act as conduit between the Taiwan Apparel team on trim developments to manage project sample ordering and trim testing confirmation in Asia.
• Collaborate with the Apparel Material Developer on the functional testing of trims with materials as they will function in a garment, such as zippers, bonding tapes, and heat transfers.
• Own and manage the development of trims within specific product categories and product genders as assigned.
• Work with vendors to ensure that all products pass Brooks’ commercialization process by the specified dates on the seasonal calendar
• Participate in Asia development trips, a minimum of two times per year, to work with manufacturers and suppliers on existing and current development projects
• Demonstrate technical knowledge of the trim manufacturing process with the ability to contribute ideas which will enhance the overall performance of product
• Recommend and specify to product team trim options to ensure projects are within the specified margin goals.
• Keep abreast of market trends, new technologies and consumer insights by doing continual research to ensure that products incorporate the functional and aesthetic needs our consumers’ demand. Present findings to all Apparel teams, which helps set the direction for each season.
• Senior Manager, Apparel Materials may assign additional projects to assist and support the Materials and/or Development Team
• BS in Textile Design or related field; may be substituted with relevant work experience.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing and testing of trims.
• Understanding of trim manufacturing, applications & resources as well as general garment construction methods.
• Computer proficiency with office software, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Adobe Illustrator and FlexPLM.
• Ability to analyze test information and provide subjective feedback in a concise and understandable manner.
• Must score between the high end of average to superior range for color discrimination on the Farnsworth-Munsell 100 Hue test (errors = 20 or less)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
• Keen attention to detail in planning, organization and execution of tasks, while still seeing the big picture and understanding how all of the pieces fit together and affect one another.
• Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our products and processes while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help out wherever necessary.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job