Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
The Financial Analyst – FP&A will support the financial planning and monthly reporting & analysis processes for Brooks Sports EMEA operations. You will monitor, analyze, and report on capital and operating budgets, including monthly financial analysis, monthly and quarterly forecastingand ad hoc business analysis.
In addition, the Financial Analyst will report on progress towards budget targets and work with business partners to identify and explain variances to the plan. This position will also contribute to special projects, typically involving the analysis and research of business issues, to provide management with valuable insights that support our corporate growth and profitability.
• Support quarterly forecasting process by working closely with functional leaders to obtain and interpret revenue, margin and SG&A information to enhance profitability.
• Provide analysis of monthly financial results including the interpretation of current month performance information.
• Participate in the design, development and ongoing preparation of financial reports, including management reports, variance analysis and reports including the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement.
• Assist functional areas in preparation of financial month-end close.
• Develop, design, upgrade and maintain processes and systems used for budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
• Assist finance in ad-hoc reporting and analysis for global, government and audit requests.
• Assist with the annual strategic planning process through the development of financial models and the compilation of financial projections.
• Assist in the planning and execution of operational cost analysis to enhance profitability and improve process efficiency
• Manage conflicting priorities to meet reporting and forecasting deadlines.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
• 2+ years of experience in Financial Planning and Analysis; preferably in a retail environment.
• Strong analytical skills and keen attention to detail: able to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable strategic recommendations.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication. Other European languages a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
• Advanced Excel skills. Strong affinity to EDW solutions or previous experience with Adaptive Insights, Snowflake, Tableau and Infor M3 desired.
• Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
• 1-year contract, to begin with, but this is a long-term opportunity.
• 25 paid vacation days and 8 national holidays per year
• Contribution to your pension.
• Travel expenses reimbursement - but we currently work from home
• Health insurance contribution of 90%.
• Bonus and merit potential.
• Fantastic work location, as our offices are inside the Olympic Stadion!
• Fun team activities, such as (virtual) Bootcamp, Yoga, #RunHappy runs, along with gym discounts.
• Discount on Brooks products.
By submitting this application, you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Brooks Sports, Inc. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Brooks Sports, Inc.'s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes globally. Consequently, Brooks Sports, Inc. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Brooks Sports, Inc. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. However, as a global corporation consisting of multiple affiliated companies in various countries, Brooks Sports, Inc. has international sites and Brooks Sports, Inc. uses resources located throughout the world. Brooks Sports, Inc. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Brooks Sports, Inc. group of companies as well as to third parties acting on Brooks Sports, Inc.'s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Brooks Sports, Inc. with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job