Who We Are:
At Brooks, we believe a run can change a day, a life, the world. Everyone who works here is a key part of our obsession to make the best running gear on the planet. We want our business — which also happens to be our passion — to be a place where everyone feels welcome and comfortable being themselves. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together, and drives our success. We live this culture daily through our brand values: Runner First, Word is Bond, Champion Heart, There is no “I” in Run, and Keep Moving. This means we always solve for the runner, do what we say we will, give it our all, are generous with our humanity, and find a way to keep moving every day, because joy is kinetic.
Are you ready to help create something extraordinary?
This is a Quality Assurance role with extended responsibilities to Tier 2 suppliers on one of the strongest QA teams in the Footwear industry. This function must possess a thorough understanding of footwear manufacturing. Applies skills, observation, and experience to support the Brooks Quality Center of Excellence (CoE). Responsible for both quality assurance and quality control of processes, components, and final products at both the Brooks Tier 1 factories and assigned Tier 2 suppliers. Oversees all aspects of manufacturing operations within the factory base to ensure Brooks quality standards are met. Majority of the time, this role will be on the production lines or in the finished good inspection room directly supporting the day to day, and auditing/elevating quality at Tier 2 suppliers. Responsibilities will extend to supporting the Brooks QA Leader by assisting with trainings, maintaining documentation, updating visual boards, and supporting key strategic quality initiatives. This role will be required to support the immediate needs of the team above any individual work. Communication and attention to detail are must have skills.
· Ensures quality excellence across both Tier 1 Factories and Tier 2 suppliers through the enforcement of Brooks quality standards and policy deployment, identify issues, and resolve concerns in a timely manner
· Responsible for First Time Through (FTT) rate of Tier 2 suppliers
· Audit assigned Tier 2 suppliers for adherence to conditions of Brooks Tier 2 certification program
· Identify and align with Brooks QA leader, factory QA leader, and necessary factory personnel on critical to quality manufacturing checkpoints for all styles
· Implement and enforce inline inspection training for line workers and factory QAto support the factory’s transition from reliance on end-of-the-line QC to factory driven in-process QA
· Data management, reporting requirements, monitoring, and auctioning for Quality KPIs
· Perform regular audits to ensure factories adherence to PFC’s, MQAA Best Practices, Standardized Work, category requirements, and other Brooks quality / packaging checklists
· Brooks inspection of final product, promo orders, and other special need orders
· Takes a proactive approach with regards to defects found during inspection
· Detect and report unusual or non-conforming documentation, materials, conditions, or product to supervisor or group/team leader
· Confirm proper machine maintenance and record keeping of factory equipment
· Carryout random spot checks of completed components & product; engage supervisors, QA/QC personnel, and workers in daily quality education and discussions
· Train Brooks quality guidelines and MQAA Best Practices, translating specific quality expectations and the definition of craftsmanship required in all product
· Demonstrate correct processes through on the job training and illustrate benefits of maintaining proper process controls
· Engage directly in the training of Factory Hired Inspectors on how to emulate the Brooks QA Auditor role
· Utilize FHIs as resources in QC duties, workshop auditing, quality initiatives, IC inspections, and verification of shipping documentation. Test, evaluate, and provide feedback to QA Manager and factory management on FHI performance
· Serve as the main communication link between Brooks and factory management staff for assigned areas of responsibility
· Communicate ‘one voice’ to the factory on all issues in support of CoE and team decisions
· Maintain connectivity with the Category and/or Engineering team through effective communication, participation in key Commercialization trials & meetings, contributing ideas and suggestions in the process to help ensure product readiness and manufacturability concerns are identified and effectively resolved prior to initial production
· Provide valuable documented manufacturing feedback to the commercialization and manufacturing teams
· Involvement in routine quality meetings with factory staff, submit regular reports as required by QA Manager to allow for & promote dialogue surrounding pertinent manufacturing issues
· Support Brooks QA leader to implement, monitor and drive factory compliance of Brooks Key QA Strategies and Initiatives
· To Support Brooks QA leader in organizing weekly team meeting
· Provides guidance to Brooks QA I in decision making for any critical issues reported
· Minimum of 5 years of production/QA experience
· Fluent in English and local language (writing and speaking) - ability to communicate clearly with other teams.
· Communication, organizational skills, ability to prioritize work, and a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
· Advanced Knowledge of footwear production process
· Proactive, assertive, and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task
Reports to: Quality Manager, Vietnam
Department: Footwear Sourcing – 95
Location: Long Thanh, Bien Hoa, Dong Nai
At Brooks, we celebrate diversity & equity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment, and encourage people of all backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills to apply. Brooks is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the presence of a sensory, physical or mental disability, medical condition, military status, marital status, pregnancy or child birth, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, political ideology, or any other non-merit based factors.
Apply for this job