Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks, and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and the lives of others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Connect with People, Innovate for our Customer, Compete as a Team, Build Trust, Have Fun & Bring Passion, and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you’re part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
As a Manufacturing Engineer I, you will report to the Sr. Manager of Industrial Engineering and are responsible for performing product, process, project, and general engineering work to support IE, Lean Manufacturing, and Footwear Commercialization and Engineering strategies to optimize manufacturing processes. You will be at the front of Brooks’ efforts, collaborating with its factory partners, to update and automate its manufacturing infrastructure to reduce costs, increase productivity, and maintain and improve quality.
Position will be based in Cirebon, West Java, Indonesia, area but could require work at other Tier 1 factory locations in the future.
· Plan, execute, and report on process, product, and manufacturing engineering projects that develop and improve manufacturing processes.
· Research, propose, test, and deliver automated solutions to improve manufacturing productivity, efficiency, and quality.
· Commission new equipment at the factory and partner with factory teams to collect and share information
· Collaborate with Brooks and factory partner manufacturing teams to measure outputs from studies to increase productivity, improve efficiency, and reduce costs while maintaining or improving quality and make recommendations based on collected data.
· Partner with IE and Lean teams to identify specific processes and sub-processes to target for optimization and automation efforts.
Work closely with manufacturing teams to create systems that ensure efficient product production and resolve production issues.
· Provide data to evaluate factory compliance with optimization and automation efforts and record and report on results and influence changes as required.
· Collaborate with Development, Commercialization, Production and QA Teams to ensure product processes are aligned, understood and meet product quality standards. Continuously evaluate any improvements to processes.
· Execute the layout of equipment and production facilities within footwear factory, in conjunction with Lean Manufacturing, Footwear Engineering and factories to maximize productivity and efficiencies.
· Influence functional and operational managers to improve productivity, quality, throughput and output.
· Other responsibilities as required.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or 3 years of equivalent experience in the field.
2. 2+ years of performing product, process, project, and/or manufacturing engineering activities in either a company-owned or 3rd party manufacturing facility
3. 2+ years of experience using advanced methods to increase productivity, including the application of Lean and IE techniques and the use of automation
4. Proven experience working with machines and/or machine vendors to define machine specifications, commission machines, and improve machine performance
5. Proven success in achieving project team goals, either as an individual contributor or manager
6. Knowledge of designing and planning scientific experiments and statistics
7. General knowledge of footwear manufacturing.
8. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, demonstrating effective listening through concise, clear verbal and written communication.
9. Excellent interpersonal skills that inspire and build trust resulting in effective working relationships across the company.
10. Ability to anticipate how a decision made can affect our customers, our partners, our products, or other departments’ operations and/or morale
11. Demonstration of innovation and initiative – always looking at improving our processes and products while also displaying a willingness to dive into the details and help wherever necessary.
12. Possess the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
13. Embraces and lives the Brooks values!
14. Travel 25% (Domestically/Internationally)
Reports to: Sr. Manager of Industrial Engineering
Department: Footwear Sourcing #95
Position Class: Salaried
Position Location: Cirebon, West Java, Indonesia
Brooks Sports, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and our policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the intent and letter of the laws regarding equal employment opportunity. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran or military status, marital status, sexual preference, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. This commitment applies to all phases of the recruitment process including hiring, selection, promotions, transfers, demotions, compensation, benefits, or training. Brooks will endeavor to make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue business hardship or a direct threat to the health or safety of any individual.
Apply for this job