Who We Are:
Brooks is a team of passionate people united by a desire to do meaningful work, lead healthy lives and make a difference. We share a focused mission: to inspire everyone to run and be active. That’s it. No distractions—it’s all about the run. Through science, creativity, service, authenticity and connection, we obsess over delivering the best running gear on the planet. We do it our way, with our unique spirit, with a goal of being more relevant to runners than any other brand, day after day and mile after mile. We are determined to innovate, challenging ourselves to lead thought at every turn. Inside these walls and on the roads, tracks and trails, we live and breathe Run Happy, celebrating the positive impact running has on our lives and others. We inject it into all we do because it makes everything better, smarter, more fun and more memorable. Our company culture defines us, bonds us together and creates the conditions for success. It is lived daily as a behavioral expression of our collective set of brand values: Serve People, Lead Thought, Play As a Team, Compete Every Day, Demonstrate Integrity, Have Fun and Be Active. If you’re on our team, it means you are part of creating something extraordinary. You’re part of Brooks.
The Product Engineer II drive our footwear commercialization process from development to production for Brooks’ core projects which requires higher level of complexity. You are an expert engineer that lead and execute all aspects of engineering construction and processes at all above-mentioned stages to meet our ‘’Fit Feel Ride’’ expectation as well as quality standards with on time delivery. The role requires focusing on collaboration between USA Development, Asia Development, QA and Factory Manufacturing partners and provide the highest technical services to deliver the outmost footwear product quality, technology, on-time delivery and price.
· Manage the product engineering from confirmation sample to consumer-based ready for manufacturing for the assigned projects in collaboration with the Tier 1 (T1) factory development, commercialization and technical team; and influence the team to make changes that will improve performance of product.
· Work with the T1 factory manufacturing partner to conduct all related trials (e.g spam 2 practice, model fit and extreme fit, pre-productiontrials) in accordance with the assigned complex projects, while emphasizing product performance and integrity.
· Display an in-depth knowledge of the manufacturing process with the ability to manipulate the process in order to advance and achieve manufacturing techniques to enhance the overall product performance.
· Work with Development teams to ensure materials physical properties and function meet Brooks requirements.
o Provides standard commercialization check points (model fit and extreme fit, pre-production trial to meet or excee our ‘’Fit Feel Ride’’) and approval of production standards.
o Establish PFC (“Process Flowchart”) for production in collaboration with factory partners.
o Review component construction, pattern and process at the product factory Review and confirm wear test shoes before shipping to the USA to ensure there will be minimal or no delay in production timing.
· Perform standard commercialization checks to ensure product is manufactured according to approved product specifications, including functional and aesthetic performance specifications.
· Work closely with QA team to maintain product integrity in production. Walk (T1/T2/Te) lines on a daily basis with QA team to inspect product.
· Review and confirm, in conjunction with Mold Engineer and Production, all wear test sample and production tooling (ms/os/tpu).
· Review and confirm with Production all upper materials for wear test and production.
· Assist USA/Asia DP, Factory and Production Teams with upper pattern, upper molds and tooling concerns for production starting from first round sample production, ensuring that the product meets or exceeds Brooks standards for manufacturing.
· Communite daily with factory and production teams to ensure alignment on production status. Review lab test results daily and respond immediately to any quality issues.
· Be responsible for updating all timeline reports accurately and in a timely manner on the Brooks files anywhere information repository.
· Document best practices for the defined technology and manage the proliferation of the process documentation with all affected locations. .
· Take the ownership and influence from brand perspective:
o Ensure that all commercialization stages are executed according to Brooks’ standard processes across all factories,
o Provide troubleshooting soultions to problems as they arise, and update PFC accordingly to avoid repeated incidents;
o Communicate to factory on regular basis in terms of new processes and technologies from the brand;
o Evaluate factory/supplier readiness to implement new technologies following the brand’s timeline
· Participation in the entire product cycle:
o Review and comment at every stage from product introduction until initial production
o Evaluate manufacturability of product starting from concept introduction
o Guide development process to ensure product manufacturability
o Hamornize the relationship with internal (US Development) and Asian Development to follow what can be realistically produced by the production line
· Other duties as required.
· Preferably hold a degree in a post-secondary discipline (ex. Associate degree, B.A, etc); chemical/engineering background is an advantage.
· 8+ years experience in the Footwear industry with 3+ years experience in Footwear commercialization and practical experience in shoe patternmaking;
· Fluent English communication skills (both speaking and writing). Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from their counterparts at US headquarters, cross-functional colleagues, factory partners, etc
· Effective communication, project management organizational skills and a willingness to work in a team-oriented environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Advanced Knowledge of footwear production process.
· Being detail-oriented and multi-tasking
· Deep understanding of outsole, midsole and sockliners mold making (2D, 3D, blue print)
· Practical knowledge in footwear development, commercialization, and manufacturing.
· Being self-motivated with excellent decision-making capabilities; time management, multi-tasking and performing skills under pressure
· Passionate participation in Brooks’ sports activities a plus, overridden by the ability to understand and empathize with the runner in order to develop loyal, engaging relationships with our customers and the Brooks community.
Brooks Sports, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and our policy is to maintain employment practices that conform to the intent and letter of the laws regarding equal employment opportunity. Brooks is committed to affording equal employment o