Senior Manager Communications
- United States
- Rohnert Park, CA (Sonoma / Petaluma / Santa Rosa Area)
- 7 year(s)
- Not Available
The Senior Manager Communications develops and executes comprehensive communications strategies for Technical Apparel brands to evolve and grow the brands. These strategies include, but are not limited to, brand storytelling, Corporate Social Responsibility programming, product seeding/product storytelling, and athlete/ambassador/influencer and events. S/he ensures brand communications opportunities are identified, integrated and aligned with business goals and marketing partners. Reporting into our Director of Marketing Services, this person works with organizational partners (Executive Leadership, Consumer Insights, Product, Brand, Retail, Ecommerce, etc.) to create and execute annual plans aimed at driving consistent and positive conversations about the brands with key audiences.
S/he leads day-to-day management of external brand communications. The ideal candidate has team building experience and is comfortable working directly with athletes and influencers, developing processes and socializing those processes throughout the organization. This role works hand-in-hand with cross-functional partners to ensure communications are integrated and in aligned.
Ideally this candidate has a strong understanding of the outdoor industry in general, and specifically apparel operations to help manage communications with stakeholders globally.
• Work closely with Director or Marketing Services to plan and Execute communication strategies.
• Manage media requests, agency/external support, partnership efforts, influencers and athletes.
• Develop processes to effectively and efficiently develop and distribute stories.
• Foster relationships with contacts in special interest niches where support would be advantageous in a way that secures positive, targeted exposure for TA brands core values and products.
• Proactively identify and advise Director of Marketing Services on sponsorships (event and athlete) and outfitting opportunities, to ensure that brand image is properly promoted.
• Collaborate with internal and externa product teams to produce and distributes appropriate press materials (news releases, press kits, lookbooks, etc.) for company including key seasonal initiatives, athlete/event stories, awards and corporate responsibility stories. Handle subsequent follow-up.
• Budget management - forecast and report on all expenditures for ambassador/Influencer/athlete/ press programs/sample requests and any Corporate /Social Giving (non-profit support)
• Proactively identify and cultivate traditional and non-traditional media contacts in general markets and special interest markets as appropriate (international, domestic, regional in print, online and social media channels)
• Provides monthly report(s) highlighting communication efforts
• Researches and advises on trends involving new media and communications tools
• Liaise with Marketing and Product on new product launches to develop storytelling materials.
• Responsible for planning, activating and reporting on Events.
• Personally vet all athlete and influencer lists to ensure they are appropriate choices for brand strategy and outreach programs. Schedule regular meetings with Press/Experts/Influencers/Athletes to build network.
• Manage and keep current relevant areas of the Marketing content Calendar.
What we look for:
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Journalism, Marketing or Corporate Communications or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
• 7+ years of successful experience in Communications leadership role including strategic planning, media relations creative project management, and/or marketing, preferably with experience in outdoor industry.
• Strong project oriented skills with both long and short-term projects requiring creativity and ingenuity.
• Must be able to work professionally with flexibility in handling multiple priorities in a fast paced environment.
• Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication and grammar skills.
• Strong planning, scheduling, and problem solving skills.
• Must have a proven track record in communications, agency relations, implementing processes, and on-time delivery.
• Proven experience and skill managing and developing people.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; e-mail and Internet use with knowledge of news monitoring services, Acrobat and graphic file options (TIFF, EPS, etc.) is a plus.
• Self-motivated, flexible, and able to handle large volumes of work independently.
• Sense of humor and sense of fun
• Travel required: 20%
Newell Brands Technical Apparel (NBTA), a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL), is a globally-recognized designer, developer, marketer and retailer of high-performance technical apparel and equipment with a portfolio of brands that includes Marmot® and ExOfficio®.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!
Casual work environment, outings, discounts, paid time off, as well as health & wellness benefits and 401k