Category Manager, Women's Sportswear
- United States
- Rohnert Park, CA (Sonoma / Petaluma / Santa Rosa Area)
- 7 year(s)
- Not Available
Newell Brands Technical Apparel (NBTA), is a segment of the Outdoor and Recreation division at Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL), a globally-recognized designer, developer, marketer and retailer of high-performance technical apparel and equipment with a portfolio of brands that includes Marmot® and ExOfficio®.
Newell Brands is a global marketer of consumer and commercial products that touches the lives of people where they live, learn, work and play. We are committed to building consumer and commercial brands that matter while leveraging the benefits of being one company: shared expertise, operating efficiencies, and a culture of innovation.
Marmot® and ExOfficio® are dedicated to performance mountain, outdoor or travel adventures and lifestyle.
The Category Manager (CM) Sportswear, is accountable for the line management within the Sportswear category. This product and industry passionate is defining short and mid-term strategy for global markets, creating an exciting product proposition for the new generations of outdoor and travel enthusiasts, delivering financial goals and moving the brands forward in respect of corporate objectives and values.
The CM will work in accordance with established development processes, quality standards and company timeline. The incumbent conceptualizes the line architecture, manages products life cycle and new launches. Key partner and coordinator with design, development, materials. sales, DTC and marketing counterparts, the CM Is delivering a complete GoToMarket seasonal proposition adapted to channels segmentation.
• Lead the product and merchandising strategy for the category to serve multi channels and geographies needs.
• Build a sustainable Mid-term business plan, manage seasonal execution and deliverables and lead Mid-Term innovation projects.
• Create seasonal line plan based on financial, brands objectives and consumer insights. Optimize the line profitability, sku efficiency and product life cycle.
• By listening to consumers, analyzing data and keeping track of the pulse of the market, identify relevant trends, technologies and opportunities that will inform the line evolution.
• Develop close relationship with buyers, influencers, ambassadors and consumer targets.
• Coordinate the seasonal product creation, delivering clear category and product briefs, engaging design and development teams with rigorous respect of the process timelines.
• Set pricing strategy, monitor margins and relevant category KPIs.
• Lead product validation phases including contact points with sales and marketing.
• Delivers a complete GoToMarket package to ensure proper implementation of segmentation strategy and to optimize season stories potential
• Involved in key presentations related to selling-phases (pre-lines, GTM meetings, Sales conferences, Trade shows, Showrooms) or selected promotional / PR events.
• Maintain data base and systems updated. Communicate relevant and accurate information to marketing, retail and web design teams.
• University or four-year college degree in marketing, fashion, textile or equivalent experience
• A minimum of 5-7 years of proven experience in Product, Merchandising, Buying management roles within the outdoor – travel- athletic industry.
• Visionary, consumer and trends curious, marketing minded.
• Natural sense of product, of building silhouettes and seasonal product stories.
• Solid merchandising experience in vertical, wholesale or e-com environments, managing assortments & product flows, monitoring analytics.
• Understanding of the outdoors, street and travel markets.
• Knowledge of fabrics and technologies, functions and solutions.
• Practical knowledge of related functions such as textile technology, production, sustainability, sales and merchandising.
• Working knowledge of manufacturing processes, construction and cost impacts.
• Experience in managing line architecture, price/ margin efficiency for wholesale and DTC models
Experience operating for global markets, familiar to empathize and constructively interact in different cultures
• Strong project planning, organizational and time management skills and a high level of initiative
• Fast, efficient, nimble. Experience working in a shifting and collaborative environment with a great deal of constructive feedback and input
• Demonstrated collaboration, interpersonal influence, and teamwork skills (maintains effective communication and working relationships)
• Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
• Ability to manage and lead change
• Presentation/speaking skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Results orientation while exhibiting great creativity, energy, and resourcefulness
• Sense of humor and a passion for what you do
• Team player
• Proficiency in all Microsoft programs
• Able to travel up to 20% of the year, including international travel
Newell Brands Technical Apparel (NBTA), a division of Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL), is a globally-recognized designer, developer, marketer and retailer of high-performance technical apparel and equipment with a portfolio of brands that includes Marmot® and ExOfficio®.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!
Casual work environment, outings, discounts, paid time off, as well as health & wellness benefits and 401k