Retail Store Manager - Santa Monica
- Dainese USA
- United States
- Santa Monica, CA
- 2 year(s)
- Not Available
Dainese, the world’s leader in protective motorcycle apparel and protections, is looking for a team leader for our store in Santa Monica. The Store Manager utilizes and coordinates all services to manage the retail store consistent with the short and long-term interests of the company, its employees, and the local community in which they work. The Store Manager ensures the store provides the highest level of customer service possible. This position is responsible for achieving budgeted revenue goals and monitoring expenses. The Store Manager upholds our company's mission and inspire both his/her team and our customers.
- Instill in your employees the meaning and importance of customer service.
- Promote and monitor quality service among staff through training and by acting as a positive role model.
- Be personally available to all customers to communicate and identify their needs and address their questions or concerns.
- Develop your own "core" customer service.
Budgeting and Planning:
- In conjunction with the Region, review the numbers, KPIs and goals for the store.
- Ensure that goals will be met through appropriate planning and organizing of staff, inventory, and expenses for short and long term success.
- Make staff aware of sales goals.
- Monitor a loss prevention program to protect the company's inventory and assets.
- Take necessary action to lower expenses if sales goals are not being met.
- Hire people who pursue passions that relate to our products and philosophy.
- Inspire employees so that each person contributes to the productivity of the store.
- Delegate work load appropriately and effectively.
- When necessary, discipline employees consistent with the company disciplinary policies.
- Communicate with the National Retail Manager at least once a week via the phone or by written report so that your store and employees are recognized for what it is doing in customer service, events, and local issues.
- Review on a monthly basis, the store's progress with the National Retail Manager.
- Hold weekly staff meetings and submit notes to Dainese Retail Dept.
- Maintain open and positive relations with all divisions of the company.
- Work with the buyers to establish the inventory levels for your store.
- Ensure that company policy and procedures are communicated in a timely manner and adhered to accordingly.
Leadership, Training and Staff Development:
- Develop and support a positive attitude toward HQ.
- Maintain employee attitude and morale by recognizing outstanding performance and service.
- Motivate and develop staff in order to encourage their professional development.
- Maintain training standards to ensure both product and systems expertise that will improve store operations and allow for better customer service.
- Provide an "open door" policy where employees are free to express their concerns and feelings without fear of retribution or ill will.
- Develop a pool of potential store managers/supervisors to meet the long range retail and company objectives.
- Create stores that are centers for the community.
- Ensure we "walk our talk" by being first testimonials of safety when doing active sports.
Merchandising / Marketing:
- Maintain high merchandising values that reflect the Dainese image by being creative, educational, inviting and expressive in conjunction with the guidelines given by the Visual Merchandiser.
- Work in conjunction with the colleagues at retail dept. and with the events coordinator to develop an event calendar and promotional plan that will maximize retail sales for your store.
- Ensure that the store is in compliance with all the national employment laws.
- Maintain safe working conditions for employees and customers. Resolve safety concerns quickly by reporting the retail operations manager and proceeding following instructions received.
- Ensure store security from internal and external theft and know proper apprehension and prosecution procedures for your state.
Other Job Functions:
- Perform additional duties as assigned by National Retail Manager.
- Typical work week is 40 hours - available to work minimum of one weekend day.
- Some travel required.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- Two years experience in retail store management.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective teams and motivate employees.
- Willingness to set and maintain high standards of performance.
- Ability to give clear directions and set expectations for staff.
- Knowledge of effective merchandise presentation standards.
- Understanding of basic retail concepts.
- Excel and Word proficient.
- Strong initiative and leadership skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexibility, ability to adapt quickly and react positively to business needs and changes in strategies.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Motorbike local community experience/knowledge as a plus.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.com, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salaries are DOE, and include health and vacation benefits as well as commission and bonus incentives.