Sr. Product Developer - Soft Goods
- Hydro Flask
- United States
- Bend, OR
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
As the world’s premier company for insulated products, Hydro Flask began with a challenge: to create a reusable water bottle that truly performs in any environment. It had to keep hot liquids hot and cold liquids cold. Period.
We are hiring a Senior Product Developer - Soft Goods who will be responsible for developing commercially viable and consumer relevant products that are leading in design, innovation, function, and quality.
What You’ll Be Doing:
In this role, you’ll play a significant role as a team member in the product creation process, responsible for coordinating projects from brief to final confirmation of product. This person will partner with the Soft Goods Category Manager, Industrial Design, External Agencies, and overseas Development/Manufacturing to deliver product, margin, and quality objectives while meeting calendar deadlines.
Working for Hydro Flask:
Do you love a challenge? We are a group of hard-working people and outdoor enthusiasts who are constantly putting our products to the test and delivering “ahh” experiences to active consumers worldwide. As an employer, we live our brand values every day, supporting a reliable, playful, adaptive, honest, inclusive, and unconventional culture where employees can learn, thrive, and grow.
Hydro Flask is based in Bend, Oregon. There's desert to the east of town and mountains to the west. Our geography says a lot about who we are. We bike, ski, run and hike. We grill burgers and share growlers in our backyards. We don't hold back. That may sound like the weekend, but that's how we live every day of the year. We don't accept lukewarm in our attitude toward life or in the temperature of whatever we happen to be drinking. We want to taste the fullness life has to offer and share it with the world. That's why we are committed to making tomorrow better - our lives, our products, our experiences. We believe nothing in life should be lukewarm.
Hydro Flask not only gets what our customers want, we also know that providing an awesome environment for our employees (who are also our customers!) is vital for our long-term success. Along with a casual, dog-friendly environment in our beautiful headquarters in Bend, Oregon, we ensure our employees are taken care of with a strong compensation and benefits package, including healthcare, 401(k) with company match, PTO, annual incentive pay, a sabbatical program, free lunch every Friday, and of course, product!
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with a cover letter to the hiring team. In your cover letter, please describe why you’re interested in working with Hydro Flask in particular. In this letter please also address how you meet each of our listed qualifications (What's Required for the Role).
Boilerplate introductions are highly discouraged!
Helen of Troy is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
If you, as one of our employees or as an applicant for employment, have any questions about our Affirmative Action Plan, please contact Human Resources during regular business hours.
If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact Human Resources at (915) 225-8000.
What’s Required for Consideration:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Textiles, Apparel design, Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in a technical soft goods product development role or equivalent experience
- Proven history of successful development and commercialization of soft goods
- Strong background and experience in working directly with international factories and suppliers
- Effective communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with product and material testing
- Experience with technical documentation and Quality Assurance process
- Proven ability to develop multiple products/projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of development processes. Including coloring, lab dips, measurement standards, fabrics, trims, and
- Demonstrated record of problem solving and implementing corrective action.
- Experience in communication with a global vendor network.
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate to leadership and team members
- Familiar with a variety of industry concepts, practices and procedures
- Excitement about Hydro Flask and Saving the World from Lukewarm!
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!