Sigmax America is a subsidiary of Nippon Sigmax, a market leader in the Japanese orthopedic braces and supports market. Sigmax America was established in 2011 to start sales and marketing activities for the brand Zamst which carries braces and supports specifically designed for top athletes. Trusted for over 25 years by elite athletes, Zamst continuously evolves to become the most authentic and innovative sports medicine brand in the industry.
[Job Description and Job Summary]
Our firm is seeking a Marketing Coordinator whose responsibility will be to create digital content which our target customers sees value in and helps educate those customers in our products and the injury they are looking to recover from. Another important responsibility of the Marketing Coordinator is to plan/coordinate/execute social media activities which will lead to increase in brand awareness and engagement among our followers. Our Marketing Coordinator will need to communicate with key stakeholders outside of the company such as sponsored athletes and digital marketing agency as well as the International Marketing team based in Tokyo Japan. We are looking for a person who loves sports and believes that Zamst will be able to help athletes around the world perform at the highest level by helping them recover and prevent sports specific injuries.
Because we are a small team, the Marketing Coordinator will need to be willing to take on many responsibilities but will be able to take on many different types of projects which will lead to expanding one’s job experience.
[Marketing Coordinator Job Responsibilities]
• Increase followers and engagement for Zamst’s social media platform by planning and executing a social media calendar (will be coordinating with digital marketing agency).
• Plan/coordinate/execute/analyze social media ad activities.
• Markets Zamst products by developing and implementing marketing and advertising campaigns.
• Research/propose/negotiate sponsorship agreements with athletes and influencers.
• Propose/coordinate/manage marketing assets and content which can be used as part of the marketing activity for Zamst. Creating educational content which helps customers have a better understating of injuries and how they can prevent those injuries will be key content that will be created.
• Plan and coordinate photo shoots using sponsored athletes and fitness models.
• Support Zamst’s distributor in the United States on marketing activities such as events and campaigns.
• Prepares marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, social media activity and Google Analytics.
• Monitors budgets by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
• Provide insight towards marketing strategy and branding initiatives.
• Work with International Marketing team on managing and activating all sports marketing assets which has been created for the US and distributors for Zamst in other countries.
• Propose/execute new marketing initiative which leads to increase in brand awareness, engagement and customer satisfaction.
[Skills and Experience Requirements]
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Marketing, Advertisement, Communications or a related field
• Past working experience as a full time marketing coordinator or similar role for minimum of 3 years
• Knowledge of traditional/digital marketing, content marketing and social media marketing
• Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns
• Solid knowledge of website and web analytics tools (especially Google Analytics)
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills
• Proficiency in full Microsoft Office Suite, especially with Excel and Powerpoint
• Passion or participation in sports activities
• Experience working with budgets and forecasting
• Experience working in a sports industry, preferably in a sports equipment or apparel brand
• Experience working for a global brand with multinational team members
• Willingness to work in a small team with many different responsibilities
The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Director of Business Management for Sigmax America. He/She will need to work closely with the International Marketing Team for Nippon Sigmax based out of Tokyo Japan.
[Benefits and Working Hours]
• Flexible Work Hours (core hours 10:00 am to 3:00pm)
• Occasionally will need to work after 5pm to communicate with the Global Marketing team in Japan
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
• On-site fitness gym (facility in the share office which offices is located in)
• Sick time and Paid Time Off including 5 days of paid summer vacation