Become the Newest Member of the Family!
Civil Clothing Inc. is seeking an Apparel Production Assistant. The Production Assistant will support the production-planning department. Provide general clerical task such as data entry, correspondence preparation and maintenance, generating standard database reports, system validation, and follow up related to special projects. Duties include but not limited to:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversee the Production department to ensure that all daily tasks are completed in a timely manner, working closely and addressing any issues or questions that may arise
• Interact with and monitor design on product development task
• Facilitate communication between vendors
• Document all charge-backs and non-compliance issues for senior management to review
• Ensure all products are in compliance with CIVIL policies and procedures
• Manage the pre-costing process which includes analyzing design cards, markers, fabric specs, and trim specs to estimate the most realistic and accurate pricing for all styles
• Review and negotiate costing and profitability margins
• Work closely with art department to take over fabric approval and lab dip process once line is presented
• Obtain time and action calendar information from all vendors with prices and communicate the same to planning in a timely manner. All schedules should be set up using the most cost-effective shipping method
• Facilitate all trim coordination including purchases, track delivery and development (in some cases)
• Interact with trim vendors to build sustainable business relationships
• Work with all vendor/agents to receive standard WIP reports weekly
• Coordinate the efforts of product development with weekly meetings involving: Design, Planning, Technical Design, Fabric
• Familiar with Vendor Compliance forms with companies such as Pac Sun, Tillys, Fashion Nova, etc.
• Assist with publishing and distribution of Purchase Orders and updating daily’s schedule to include: PO’s #, styles, fabric, etc.
• Assists the Production Manager on a daily basis by providing requested status updates and discussing scheduling plans
• Issue Import PO’s and prepare Import Production packages
• Generate weekly reports related to PO’s
• Update Import Production logs
• Run weekly availability reports
• Issue and receive PO’s in the system
• Good follow up skills
• Following up with production vendors on TOP status/eta
• Communicate with Production Department and Operations regarding status of product/logistics.