Account Marketing Manager
- United States
- Grand Rapids, MI
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Chaco is an iconic outdoor brand with market leadership in performance sandals, a high growth business in closed-toe performance and lifestyle footwear, and a dynamic accessories offering. The brand has achieved several consecutive years of industry-leading growth by creating remarkable connections with a tribe of loyal consumers known as ChacoNation.
Responsible for developing and executing business and marketing programs in the wholesale channels for key independent and national accounts and Direct to Consumer. This role will drive in-store and online traffic, awareness, and brand sales through the various sales channel touch points.
- Present brand strategies, specific marketing initiatives, and seasonal product stories to key retail accounts.
- Work with sales managers to develop strategies and tactics for sales growth and brand conversion at retail.
- Develop and implement custom business and marketing plans for key accounts. Plan and manage all marketing and promotional activities related to their business with the brand, from idea inception to execution.
- Collaborate and work with the product creation team and marketing team members early-on to develop comprehensive product marketing stories and materials to support the launch of each seasonal product line at retail.
- Develop and implement seasonally specific POS and sell-in support for the launch of new products.
- Develop relationships with account managers, buyers, marketers to maximize and build brand presentation and position.
- Manage the key account marketing budgets, including approving MDF fund use.
- Align retail calendars and customer needs to our seasonal stories and initiatives.
- Communicate marketing and promotional activities to field sales reps and other company employees.
- Maintain and seasonally add content to the associate training and clinic support platform.
- Communicate on a regular basis with stores, ensure they understand the marketing objectives and support them in the marketing efforts, including content delivery.
- Partner with sales managers and support the line review and marketing execution process.
- Coordinate development of co-op visual materials with graphic designer.
- Set, manage, and track all marketing efforts in the account marketing channel in order to maximize return on investment, ensuring established brand, sales, expense, and profitability goals are reached.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 5+ years of marketing and communications experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong experience in consumer marketing, product marketing, and/or trade marketing, ideally in a consumer products environment. Preference shown to candidates with a combined classical consumer or customer marketing background and connection-driven or social media background.
- Strong personal connections with outdoor activities and adventures.
- A natural leader and team player.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including a high comfort level with public speaking and presenting.
Influencing skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, combining strategy and execution. A willingness to step in to get the job done.
- Proficiency with personal computers.
- A track record of effectively working to a budget and measuring results.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the USA.
- Knowledge of footwear markets and retail climate.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to gather and analyze market research.
- Visual Merchandising background a plus, but not required
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!