Digital Marketing Manager
- United States
- Grand Rapids, MI
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Chaco is an iconic outdoor brand with market leadership in performance sandals, a high growth business in closed-toe performance and lifestyle footwear, and a dynamic accessories offering. The brand has achieved several consecutive years of industry-leading growth by creating remarkable connections with a tribe of loyal consumers known as ChacoNation.
The Digital Marketing Manager owns the digital marketing function and is responsible for developing and executing an integrated program that will create amazing online consumer experiences, while accelerating overall Chaco sales. As a key driver of the DTC and wholesale business, this person will manage important channels such as the social media community, brand content strategy and development, and digital influencer and media planning.
- Develop the digital marketing plan and marketing tactics by leveraging financial information, research and consumer insights & marketplace intelligence to form an integrated digital marketing strategy.
- Lead DTC marketing effort and own the overall online digital customer experience (web, email, social, influencer, etc.) and partner with brand marketing and ecomm teams to deliver best in class digital brand encounters.
- Set, manage and track all marketing efforts in the digital channel in order to maximize return on investment, ensuring established brand, sales, expense and profitability goals are reached.
- Work with internal and external resources to create and drive the brand’s content strategy and editorial plan, accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, and engagement.
- Act as social media community manager and oversee social media account design, follower communication, and content publication.
- Work with Marketing stakeholders to ensure plans are integrated, meeting overall brand, territory, and commercial objectives.
- Budget responsibility for all digital marketing programs (unbranded SEM / display / social / emerging programs, etc.).
- Manage agency & vendor relationships by establishing objectives, developing statements of work, reviewing creative briefs, leading cross-functional teams and holding partners accountable for achieving agreed-upon deliverables.
- Develop, deploy, manage, and analyze social marketing programs and technologies in conjunction with the Marketing Team and as part of the overall digital marketing mix to create innovative and creative campaigns in support of product, brand, and marketing initiative.
- Use internal and external resources to benchmark and research competitor and industry leaders in the digital space. Apprise team of digital marketing trends.
- Serve as a digital marketing resource to all channels and functions. Lead cross-functional digital marketing team meetings. Evaluate vendors, assess opportunities and develop recommendations including return on investment.
- Manage, motivate, and develop employees within team, creating an environment of high performance where individuals take initiative and push themselves.
- Performs duties consistent with the company’s AAP/EEO goals and policies.
- Performs other duties as required/assigned by manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA preferred
- 5+ years developing integrated digital plans, preferably in CPG or retail
- 2+ years in management experience
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with various digital marketing technologies, platforms, and practices to deliver an exceptional online consumer experience desired
- Proven ability to make solid recommendations in ambiguous situations that achieve business objectives. Strong track record of leveraging data driven research/analysis to drive strategic direction and optimize marketing programs. Must have familiarity with web analytics tools
- Must be results oriented – with a high degree of personal initiative and leadership – in a fast-paced, fluid and lower resourced environment
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritize work and meet multiple deadlines. Excellent project management and organizational skills with a strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills - a proven track record of leadership across functional lines that delivers business results
- Must have strong consumer understanding skills, ability to translate customer insights into successful marketing programs and a high degree of creativity to find new, compelling ways to reach and communicate to consumers
- Strong experience in consumer marketing, product marketing, and/or trade marketing, ideally in a consumer products environment. Preference shown to candidates with a combined classical consumer or customer marketing background and connection-driven or social media background.
- Natural leader and team player.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Good oral and written communication skills, including a high comfort level with public speaking and presenting. Influencing skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, combining strategy and execution. A willingness to step in to get the job done.
- A track record of effectively working to a budget and measuring results.
- Ability and willingness to travel throughout the USA.
- Knowledge of footwear markets and retail climate.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!