HUF is looking for a Designer – Accessories to join the crew in DTLA. This position plays an important role and reports to the Senior Global Apparel & Accessory Designer.
Overview: Manage seasonal product design execution to achieve overall creative and business objectives.
The Accessory Designer is responsible for the creation and innovation of products from initial concept to finished product across a broad category range. They understand the HUF brand aesthetic and continuously research the market to identify innovative concepts and revenue opportunities. They also work closely with HUF’s Senior Global Apparel & Accessory Designer to grow each category, while maintaining cross-category alignment. The Accessory Designer is detail oriented and must have a strong trend instinct and ability to balance the needs of the business with Skateboarding and streetwear’s target consumer trends.
• Research seasonal accessory ideas, with a focus on socks, headwear, and accessories
• Create organized presentation boards using sketches, images, materials, etc.
• Present research and ideas to design leads and cross functional teams.
• Collaborate alongside a team of designers to develop brand-right concepts that translate into optimized commercial consumer product, ensuring aesthetic, quality and cost are consistent with the market.
• Interpret direction and feedback from internal teams into new, brand appropriate product ideas.
• Create and update tech packs for accessory categories (headwear, socks, and accessories)
• Manage timelines and calendar milestones to ensure timely samples and maintain bulk delivery schedules
• Collaborate with Merchandising, Production and Development to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity
• Approval and review of sample and prototype submits
• Travel for trade exhibitions, design research, and to supervise product development