Footwear Product Developer
- United States
- Los Angeles
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
Professional skateboarder, Keith Hufnagel founded HUF Worldwide in 2002. In addition to carrying exclusive products from the most respected skate, street and sneaker brands, HUF began producing its own clothing. HUF-branded apparel was immediately in high demand and Hufnagel ultimately shifted his focus to creating a full wholesale product line – resulting in one of the most sought after brands in the skate and streetwear communities. HUF is a Southern California based company with headquarters in Irvine, CA
We’re looking for a Footwear Product Developer to work on HUF and Lakai.
Development daily & weekly responsibilities:
- Review cads from designer and update cads in illustrator for factories.
- Request samples with spec sheet & Cads for 1st, 2nd, SMS & CFM for each season.
- Determine material composition to reach duty rate goal.
- Check and correction blue prints & wooden mold for new styles with factory and designers
- Develop new last, foxing tape, toe bumper, outsole, midsole, HF mold and etc.
- Review and confirm after getting samples
- Organize material inventory per type and keep up to date
- Communicate with factories on detail
- Monitor and Track sample status every Monday
- Skype conference call every Monday with factory developer.
- Ask and get any new strike off swatches
Product daily & weekly responsibilities:
- Communicate with factory regarding production issues
- Monitor and Track production status every Thursday
- Skype conference call every Thursday with factory QC and production team.
Development Seasonal responsibilities:
- Sending production approval sheets
- Check final price based on production approval sheets
- Source new material and vendors. If there is good vendor or material, introduce to our factories.
- Do material physical lab test regularly.
- Do fit test if there is any new stuff
- Get any quality issues and solve or improve them.
- Provide Fob price, MCC & HTS code information
- Provide gross margin per color & models.
- Developing new things with material vendor and factory.
Product Seasonal responsibilities:
- Confirm production material colors
- Confirm production price
- Communicate any production issues, material, MOQ & quality.
- Get TOP samples and check quality and others before shipping mass product
- Get final inspection reports from factory and review together
- After PO, get factory production schedule and manage it
- Check delivery date with HUF team
- Manage if there is any overrun, “B” & “C” grade product
- Commercialize any new pattern / model / tooling
Visiting factory & material trade show:
- Material sourcing: Visit material trade show
- SP & FA: Visit factory and discuss every issue
- Check there is any other new facility for our product
HUF is an Equal Opportunity Employer: M/F/PV/D (minority, female, protected veteran, disability)
Please submit resume through Malakye.com
• EAP – Employee Assistance Program
• Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
• Retirement Plan – 401(K)
• Employee Discount
• Vacation + holiday pay