As the DTC Merchandise Planner for Direct to Consumer, it is your role to develop, execute, and communicate merchandise financial plans and strategies that support merchandising, marketing, and the direct to consumer channels. You are responsible for analyzing historical trends to influence pre-season plans while simultaneously hitting in-season financial sales, margin, and inventory targets. Comfort with reporting and recapping will be critical to this role.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Create and execute seasonal buys that align with company marketing, product initiatives and online campaigns.
• Utilize seasonal hindsight analysis to gain insight on the depth of the category product assortment and buy quantity.
• Develop internal campaign strategies for core categories, purchase journeys, and ensure adequate in-stock position on marketed SKUs
• Maintain weekly sales product category reports, sharing with cross-functional business partners detailed sales analysis information highlighting new product launches and/or sales promotions.
• Create and execute promotional sales recaps upon completion of the event, distributing sales results to Ecommerce Teams – Buying, Planning and Merchandising.
• Review inventory needs to ensure in stock position for seasonal, carryover and core styles.
• React quickly to trends by identifying reorder opportunities and utilize selling analysis to determine markdown strategy and in-season inventory management.
• Recommend markdown pricing to drive sell thru for in season and out of season sales and promotions on the Ecommerce site while maintaining margin goals.
• Collaborate with cross functional partners to ensure product and storytelling are coming to life as expected to drive conversion and exceed consumer expectations.
• Participate in Go To Market process to influence seasonal storytelling that align with consumer insights.
• Attend seasonal final line reviews, prepared to speak to business needs. Present financial seasonal buy to the Ecommerce Team prior to submitting to Supply Chain.
• Effectively making decisions rooted in data and analytics but having the confidence and ability to make quick decisions when necessary with a future-oriented outlook.
• 3-5 years of experience in merchandise planning for a multi-channel retail environment (direct-to-consumer experience preferred)
• E-commerce experience – at least 2 years of buying, planning, sales analysis and/or forecasting
• Experience managing data from multiple reporting systems
• Advanced knowledge of retail math and full understanding of merchandise planning
• Advanced skills in Excel, Planning/Enterprise Planning systems a plus
• Possess strong business acumen and understanding of impact of decisions as they relate to the growth of company’s overall business strategies
• A self-starter, adept at working in a changing environment
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills with a strong attention to detail; prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, timelines and demands
• Strong communication skills - written and verbal, and ability to work with cross-functional teams