The Art Director is responsible for leading the creative for all things HUF marketing. Responsible for enforcing the look/feel and visual aesthetic of the HUF brand, the Art Director works directly with the Marketing Director, Brand Director and Creative Director to elevate and execute on all brand marketing initiatives. As the creative leader of the marketing team, the Art Director manages a team of graphic designers, freelancers, and content creators to deliver all the marketing assets and collateral for the HUF brand.
• Direct the marketing creative and oversee the execution for all marketing campaigns and initiatives.
• Enforce brand DNA standards in all marketing creative.
• Work with the Marketing Director, Brand Director and Creative Director on development and execution of all marketing assets, including photoshoots, adverts, print, digital, retail, events, etc.
• Lead the visual direction and execution for seasonal catalogs and other sales tools.
• Direct and build all of the brand's visual and design elements, such as the photography direction, graphic standards, brand color and design approach, typographic standards, interaction guidelines, etc.
• Mentor the marketing design team – giving them creative feedback and pushing them to produce industry leading work in every campaign.
• Create and collaborate on engaging marketing content that will appeal to the HUF audience.
• Perform media research, trend and competitor analysis to help drive creative decisions.
• Develop innovative techniques and strategies to help increase company exposure and engagement.
• Partner with the Product Design team on marketing execution, including catalogs and seasonal campaigns.
• Collaborate with the HUF Retail teams to create compelling concepts for window and in store displays and bring them to life through a variety of different executions.
• Explore other aspects of the company and other departments to obtain an overall understanding of the online retail business, which involves creative marketing and business development
• Must be a team player as well as an individual contributor, with a hands-on approach in the creative process. Overall creative vision and insight are just as critical as building files, developing the work and delivering assets on time.
Must possess a minimum of 5 years experience with an expansive knowledge and understanding of art direction, typography, layout, graphic design, color theory, composition, retail windows and in-store displays, digital content and web design. Must have an in-depth understanding of photography, branding, and creating marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate must be able to work efficiently and manage multiple projects at once acting as the lead creative, in a tight deadline oriented environment and follow through on details of all projects from concept to completion, with excellent leadership and communication skills while managing a team of designers. The Art Director will also manage all marketing art and production calendars.
• Minimum of 5 years of agency or professional graphic design and art direction experience with a strong portfolio
• BA or AA in Graphic Arts or equivalent combination of experience and education
• Experience with concepting, producing, directing and managing photo shoots
• A working knowledge of photography and lighting
• Ability to take projects from development through design, including but not limited to catalogs, ad campaigns, websites, apparel branding, photo shoots
• Experience in Retail Visual Merchandising, Visual Display, Signage Programs for store, retail and/or trade show platforms
• Experience in concepting, directing and creating graphics for t-shirts, apparel and other products.
• Must be ready and willing to take on any number of small projects as need arises and collaborate across the sales, marketing, merchandise and design departments
• Expert use and understanding of current typographical, graphical, navigational, and web standards best practices
• Awareness of fine art, interior design and graphic arts culture and industry
• Knowledge of and sensitivity to trends influencing design in general
• Must be organized with a keen eye for detail, have excellent communication skills and a passion for problem solving
• Experience managing a team of designers
• Advanced knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign in a Macintosh environment