Manager – Production, Sourcing and Product Development
- Richer Poorer
- United States
- San Juan Capistrano
- 10 year(s)
- Not Available
Richer Poorer is growing and we are seeking someone who loves to be on the front lines of an expanding lifestyle apparel brand. With a focus on quality staples and design-driven basics we are excited to bring someone in to help us reach the next level.
This position will work with the product and design team to fully own the process involved in production, sourcing and development. The ideal candidate will have experience managing production for an apparel brand and overseeing the product from start to finish. An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to create new systems and processes is key to the success of this position. The ideal candidate will have a high attention to detail, organization, and a love for product development and sourcing.
WHAT ARE THE DEVELOPMENT RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Help implement and execute the strategic sourcing direction including costs, margin goals, lead times, and supply chain risk management
• Responsible for the successful outcome of any order placed, including quality, timely delivery, and end cost to the company
• Partner with Design team to proactively drive product development and production calendar deliverables to ensure on-time delivery of samples and product
• Drive the execution of Product Development in alignment with the product strategies from the Design team
• Manage the quality and accuracy of product through the design and sampling timeline
• Track style development & follow-up to ensure timely completion
• Work with Design team to develop a system for design pit organization - including samples, lab dips, and trims organization and tracking
• Responsible for style creation and style master maintenance, enacting new and adhering to existing product type hierarchies and conventions, monitoring and updating costing (as needed)
WHAT ARE THE PRODUCTION RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Build strong cross-functional relationships through excellent oral, written communications and interpersonal skills
• Create and issue all production POs and shipping directives to vendors and in Full Circle
• Daily WIP tracking & updates
• Create, maintain and monitor vendor matrix to guarantee product quality, efficiency, profitability and to leverage growth.
• Coordinate and execute SMU and Private Label deals from concept to delivery
• Effectively communicate with vendors to ensure timelines and quality standards are reached, update and inform all relevant teams of potential issues or delays
• Consistently review Vendor’s performance and work to counter-source as needed
• 5+ years in similar role
• High degree of comfort in a growing small business environment with a determination to think outside of the box for solutions – anything is possible attitude.
• Comfortable in a fast paced, ever changing environment
• Complete knowledge of the product development process, from initial design concept to final production, as well as strong vendor management experience
• Exceptional attention to detail, follow–through and organizational skills are most critical
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and functions in an entrepreneurial organization
• Knowledge of knit apparel, fabrications, trims, etc.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills
• Ability to analyze data
• Must be a self-motivator / self-starter
• Must be a team player and able to roll up sleeves and jump in to help the team
• Experience with Full Circle or other PLM tools highly desired
• Proficient in Microsoft Office - Excel, and PowerPoint