- Richer Poorer
- United States
- San Juan Capistrano
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Richer Poorer Inc., a Southern California lifestyle apparel brand, is looking for an Apparel Designer. This designer is responsible for the conceptualization, design and development approval of the product, namely men’s and women’s apparel and sock design, as well as women’s intimates. The qualified candidate will be responsible for bringing innovative as well as relevant and volume driving product to actualization each season.
The role is based in San Juan Capistrano, California. Our offices are close to the San Juan Capistrano Train Station with service to/from Los Angeles.
- Support and report to Design Director in creation of seasonal direction/themes
- Responsible for delivering full seasonal collections within the defined merchandising plan for the assigned categories.
- Responsible for tech pack creation and maintenance (including CAD coloring, pattern/fabric artwork, and consolidation of spec sheets)
- Responsible for all design details including silhouettes, fabric, fit, print, branding and all styling details in accordance with direction given by Design Director -
- SKU creation, naming and coloring for all styles
- Work with Production/Development Manager to source and develop fabrics/trims/labels
- Check samples for accuracy and pass comments/corrections to PD
- Shopping the market for inspiration and trend research
- Participate in fittings/technical design meetings in pre-production stages
- Work with design team and patternmaker to communicate necessary sample updates; double check spec sheet accuracy based on sample comments
- Check production for quality control & work with PD to find solutions when necessary
- Manage sample storage/organization
- Work with PD to update seasonal binders for easy sample tracking/reference
- Work with designated Project Manager on SMU and Collab projects which could include the coordination of sampling/production process with PD
- Ownership of all design deadlines across the company’s development calendar
- Attend seasonal sales meetings to educate team on new product
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in apparel design; experience in sock and graphic design a strong plus.
- Strong design aesthetic.
- Expert level proficiency in design programs including: Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Strong understanding of fabrics and basic garment construction
- Strategic thinker and detail-oriented
- Understanding of current fashion markets/trends
- Ability and freedom to travel internationally for up to two weeks at a time 1-2 times/year
- Time management skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with strong communication and interpersonal skills
About the Company:
Richer Poorer was born from humble beginnings to elevate ordinary objects. We believe that design, color, and utility can improve your daily outlook, that California roots can grow effortless style, and that staying hungry and resourceful keeps us nimble on our feet. Richer Poorer is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should submit:
1. Brief cover letter explaining how you found us and why we should work together