Add Black Design is a creative design agency located in Long Beach, California specializing in Women’s Swimwear and Beachwear for all markets. We are passionate about innovation and elevating the creative design process. We are currently looking for Freelance or Full Time 3D CLO Designers to join our growing team who are just as passionate about technology innovation and what it means to the design process as they are in designing quality swimwear along-side our in house team of market leaders. If you are interested please attach your resume, list of references and examples of your work.
Job Title: 3D Cad Designer/Super Users
Products: Swimwear and Cover ups
Reports to: Creative Director/Add Black
• Leadership and Innovation
• Strategy and Implementation
• Create and implement best practices for 3D design software usage across all brands
• leading the 3D design process to meet each brand’s goals and maintain leadership in the swim market
• Identify opportunities to deliver speed to market thru 3D technology
• Work closely with the technical team on 3D process to reduce sampling and speed up the virtual fit process for purpose of speed to market
• Build relationships and partner with in house design teams and product developers to complete presentation ready 3D Cad drawings/virtual samples for buyers/modify as necessary along the products life cycle
• Work with 3rd party Buyers thru the adoption process on revisions
• Integrate the digital design process with the existing product development and production process
• Create a virtual fabric libraries to be used in the 3D sample process
• Train others on the use of the 3D Design software
• Stay current on developing software
• Assist in other ad hoc design work if necessary
Qualifications / Job Skills:
• 3+years of previous experience using 3D garment visualization technology, including CLO 3D or similar 3D design software.
• Strong visual skills with the ability to create impactful/exciting visuals
• If you are a CLO Super User you will have an advantage
• If you have worked in swimwear prior you will also have an advantage
• Excellent knowledge of Illustrator and photo shop a must
• Knowledge of pattern making and garment construction
• Understanding of raw materials
• Excellent communication skills
• Bachelor's degree in Fashion Design or related design field
• Passion for design technology and innovation
• Immediate availability is preferred.
Please submit resume and work samples through Malakye.