We are a Creative Design Agency located in Long Beach, CA seeking a passionate and creative individual to join our fast-growing team. We have an immediate opportunity for an Assistant or Associate Swimwear Designer to join our team for one of our private label swimwear brands. This position will report into the Design Director and work closely with the entire creative team and technical team. This role will support the design team in all areas of development process.
Job responsibilities are, but not limited to:
• Creatively and technically support entire team including Design Director, Senior Designer and Textile Designers.
• Assist in the design and development of new silhouettes each month.
• Create detailed tech packs for each design to ensure accurate hand overs to PD and tech teams.
• Represent team at all times by clearly communicating as it pertains to development.
• Ability to illustrate design intent in cad formation (i.e. Silhouettes, trim and embellishment, textures, crochet patterns, etc.)
• Creating CADS as needed for new development, revision requests, overviews and presentation materials.
• Ability to identify and embrace the aesthetic for a particular guest that celebrates the spirit of the brand.
• Responsible for ensuring all design hand-offs and deliverables are met on time.
• Communicate design intent and all technical aspects of development process with Product Developers and fit technicians.
• Create new color palettes for each delivery.
• Keep team on task and organized as it pertains to design and product development, including seasonal fabrics, lab dips, samples and trims.
• Work with product development team to source new fabrications.
• Partner with team to effectively assort collections so they are merchandised with price, color and silhouette balance top of mind.
• Research and find appropriate imagery for Trend Books, mood boards and presentations.
• Support all areas of design presentations including final cads, final imagery, fabric binders and model samples.
• Ideal candidate will have a min. of 2 years of industry experience in Swim industry.
• Ideal candidate will be highly proficient in Illustrator and creating cads.
• Ideal candidate will have clear and effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ideal candidate will have the ability to establish good relationships with team and business partners.
• Ideal candidate will highly organized and detail oriented.
• Ideal candidate will have strong problem-solving skills and the ability to multi task.
• Ideal candidate will have the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Ideal candidate will have motivated work ethic.
Salary based on experience and skill level. Please only apply if you have the proper experience. Thank you!!