Associate Swimwear Designer // Add Black
We are a Creative Design Agency located in Long Beach, CA seeking a passionate and creative individual to join our fast-growing team. We have an immediate opportunity for an Associate Swimwear Designer to join our team for one of our private label swimwear brands. This position will report into the Senior Design Director and work closely with the entire creative team and technical team. This role will support the design team in all areas of the development process.
• Creatively and technically support entire team including Senior Design Director, Senior Designer and Textile Designers.
• Assist in the design and development of all new silhouettes.
• Create CADS for new design development, revision requests, cad summary overviews and
• Create detailed tech packs for each design to ensure accurate hand overs to PD and tech teams.
• Responsible for ensuring all design hand-offs and deliverables are met on time.
• Communicate design intent and all technical aspects of development process with Product
Developers and fit technicians.
• Work with product development team to source new fabrications and trims for each delivery.
• Build new color palettes seasonally.
• Facilitate and organize all areas of product development including files, binders, fabric tracker, lab
dips, samples and trim.
• Partner with team to effectively assist in assorting final collections based on newest trends and
• Work closely with PD team on all costing, costing revisions and final pricing on presentation CADS.
• Assist with R&D as it specially relates to contemporary fashion forward swimwear.
• Collaborate in finding imagery for mood boards, trend books and inspiration images for new
• Support in all areas of design presentations including final presentation cads, final imagery, fabric
and trim binders, color palette’s, and overviews.
• Maintain and organize photoshoot samples for photo and video shoots.
• Facilitate effective communication throughout development process within design team, PD team
and tech team.
• Involvement in all fittings, taking notes per style, sending fit revisions to tech team, etc.
• Build CAD summary overviews for internal development, final presentations and final buys.
• Work with team to build digital presentations in PowerPoint.