- Streamline Design & Silkscreen, Inc.
- United States
- Ventura, CA
- 0 year(s)
- Not Available
Streamline Design & Silkscreen is in search of Production Supervisors to join the team in Ventura, CA.
ABOUT US //
Based in Ventura, California, we are a branded and non-branded apparel manufacturer comprised of three distinct business units; the "core" business established in 1997 allows over 600 independent retailers to increase their brand presence through exclusive apparel and accessory designs, the license business sold direct to over 500 independent specialty doors and major accounts, and a rapidly growing "wholly owned" brand with sales through brick-and-mortar retail, wholesale, and online.
You be joining a highly motivated, growing organization with expectations beyond your normal course of duties. We value teamwork and provide a supportive environment for success.
POSITION SUMMARY //
Reporting to the Production Manager the Printing/Screenprint Supervisor is responsible for the daily oversight of Screenprint Production operations for their designated shift. These duties include scheduling and staging jobs, press throughput and quality, factory upkeep, employee training, development, and safety compliance.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES //
• Directs and coordinates the day-to-day shift activities, by providing leadership and supervision to direct reports.
• Serves as the link between direct reports and middle / upper management.
• Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products, utilizing knowledge of production processes and methods, machine and equipment capabilities, and human resource requirements and capabilities.
• Makes decisions on job assignments and work priorities
• Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays and downtime.
• Responsible for equipment condition and department housekeeping
• Helps complies reports, correspondence, and other information required by management, as well as acting on information to improve production output and efficiency
• Works with employees to maintain a safe work environment. Leads and supports direct reports to work in a safe manner and to seek improvements in work practices.
• Ensures that product quality and production efficiencies meet or exceed established standards.
• Examines procedures and recommends changes to save time, labor, and other costs and to improve quality control and operating efficiency
• Participates in work of direct reports to facilitate productivity or overcome difficult aspects of work and to ensure compliance with safety, quality, and productivity standards.
• Facilitates team meetings, intervenes as necessary to keep the team’s goals and results consistent with company direction, and works with the team members to develop their full potential.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS //
• Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 12-hours
• Occasional Lifting up to 25 lbs.
• Reading computer screen or other electronic devices
• Use of various office equipment, hand and electrical tools or equipment
• Use of Personal Protective Equipment in designated areas
• Working in various temperatures & humidity levels depending on building & department (not all areas are temperature controlled throughout facilities)
REQUIRED SKILLS //
• Bilingual – Spanish speaking
• Previous supervisory or management experience in a production environment
• Practical Screen-print Production experience - Press Operator, Screen Production, UV Print Production Experience
• Strong priority and time management skills - ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
PREFERRED SKILLS //
• Strong people management skills – demonstrated interpersonal skills, ability to motivate people
• Enthusiastic team member capable/able to devote significant time and effort to achieving company goals
• Thrives in a dynamic work environment with rapidly changing priorities
• Demonstrated leadership ability & ongoing desire to develop a managerial career
• Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
TO APPLY // Submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.
• Medical Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Paid Vacation and Paid Holidays