Product Development Specialist
- Absolute Board Co.
- United States
- Oceanside, CA
- 5 year(s)
- Not Available
Absolute Board Co. (ABC) is the manufacturer and distributor of multiple industry leading skateboard brands including Penny, Z-Flex and Arbor Skateboards. Absolute was founded in Brisbane, Australia in 1998 by skateboarder Ben Mackay and our products are sold in over sixty countries worldwide, with offices in Australia, UK and the US.
Based in our Oceanside, California office, the Product Development Specialist (PDS) is primarily responsible for new and continuous product development of Skateboard Hardgoods across all ABC brands. This position reports to the Global Supply Chain Manager and works closely with Suppliers as well as the Creative and Marketing teams to ensure success. As PDS it is necessary to insure New Product Development (NPD) projects align with business strategies, meet cost and timeline parameters, and are developed to meet regulatory stipulations across intended markets.
The PDS primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Creating tech packs for new product development for all ABC Brands
• Developing technical drawings and design of materials for new products
• Creating and maintaining Item Master information (UPCs, barcodes, pricing etc)
• Managing Sample/ Development product archives
• Reporting of NPD costs and invoicing
• NPD project timelines and workback schedules
• Product catalogue management
• Product testing, evaluation and reporting
• Investigate new manufacturing techniques
• Continual improvement of procedures to build departmental efficiencies
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS //
• 5+ years of experience in a product development role, preferably in skateboarding/action sports industry.
• Must be a skateboarder and/or have strong understanding of skateboard culture and products
• Experienced communication and sourcing from factories, both domestic and overseas
• Knowledge of current skateboard and action sports competitive landscape
• Capable of multitasking in a fast-paced environment and meet unpredictable deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
• Practical knowledge of CAD program(s) required
• Basic comprehension of ERP and Vendor Compliance systems required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Experience in graphic arts is preferred but not mandatory
Please Submit Resume and Salary History.
We Offer ..
• Competitive salary with benefits
• A fun, dynamic and creative global work environment