Full-Time Technical Designer
- zak brand
- United States
- Costa Mesa
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
Community Attire is searching for a Technical Designer to join the team in Costa Mesa, CA., position is for full time employment.
As a Technical Designer, you will be responsible for executing the development and on time send outs of assigned apparel styles for Community Attire in Mens, Boys, and potentially junior, and girls product.
You will partner with Designer, and Production Manager to understand product components, and details. You will drive product creation process by managing and maintaining garment BOM, construction detail, and points of measure and grading process to the seasonal calendars. You will use your knowledge of apparel construction, measurements, material construction in finishing easy to digest tech packs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Work closely with design and production to ensure that designs are translated correctly.
• Production and Sample Comments to suppliers
• Spec, and Graded spec development for big boys, little boys, mens, juniors, and missy.
• Manage fit sessions by fitting samples on live model, recording comments and communicating with team
• Take and track notes to ensure final fit, quality and construction meets standards; assist in communication with vendors and factory manager on standards
• Create thorough tech packs with sketches, complete construction details, and key measurements
• Follow grade rules, cross-check pattern, production specs, and BOM before release to marking/grading
• Track and monitor execution to companies master calendar; manage fit schedule, track fit samples; keep archive of samples, notes, trims, etc
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Minimum 5 years experience in technical design
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, balance creativity with technical capability, and interpret design sketches for tech packs
• Knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim
• Can create full detail tech packs
• Pattern making
• Background required in knits, sportswear
• Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel
• Experience of developing seamless garments is asset