Manager: Marketing + Digital
- Camber Outdoors
- United States
- Boulder, CO
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
Founded in 1996, Camber Outdoors’ mission is to achieve equality for all women in the outdoors, from backcountry to boardroom. We seek team members who are willing to jump in with both feet, bring an entrepreneurial spirit and attitude, have fun, and say yes to hard work toward a vision of “Everyone’s Outdoors.”
- Life = Life outdoors.
- Active pursuit of better.
- Bold and audacious.
- Impact Driven.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
The Marketing and Digital Manager (MDM) is responsible for substantially growing engagement with and visibility of Camber Outdoors within and outside the active-outdoor industries. Under the direction of the executive director, this position oversees development and implementation of campaigns, materials, and services for marketing, social media, communications, and public relations.
The MDM will identify opportunities to build the organization’s brand in front of target markets and key influencers (both individuals and companies) to drive visibility, credibility, and engagement. Working within the guidelines, policies, brand, and mission of the organization, this person works collaboratively with other team members and assists in the execution of marketing plans to support the achievement of organizational goals and objectives.
Planning & Implementation:
• Develop and execute on an annual marketing, communications, and public relations plan with channel identification, objectives, and goals.
• Determine and monitor evaluation systems and analytics related to those goals and objectives and report progress to the ED and Board.
• Develop short and long term plans and budgets to achieve marketing, digital, and communication goals and its activities, monitor progress, assure adherence and evaluate performance.
• Ensure that Camber Outdoors regularly conducts relevant market research, monitor trends, and utilizes market and internal data to set short- and long-term goals.
• Adapt to relevant new digital platforms/technologies to keep Camber Outdoors at the forefront of developments in digital marketing to reach target audiences.
• Develop and implement campaigns to promote brand recognition to significantly increase Camber Outdoors membership.
• Build and maintain relationships with key media, drive proactive and reactive press.
• Pitch stories to national and international media to increase Camber Outdoors awareness.
• Write articles and solicit articles to appear in trade and other press; develop a press kit for Camber Outdoors.
Lead Generation = Audience Growth:
• Campaign creation:
o Strategize new lead sources and nurture programs to bring in more leads
o Manage and assist with all assets needed for campaigns, including o Social media assets (posts, images, ads)
o Email templates and content
o Website updates
• Ensure all key performance metrics for a campaign can be tracked:
o Build reports to track campaign performance
• Work with partners to share marketing assets and increase our reach and audience through referral traffic
• Campaign management:
o Focus on optimizations and experiments to increase social media conversion rate
• Manage relationship with AdWords
• Optimization” Continue to use data and tracking to improve campaigns (ongoing)
Social Media Management:
• Grow brand partners and community
• Oversee and drive regular posting schedule throughout week
• Oversee social media posts in event follow-up or action is needed
• Grow social media audiences across all platforms based on EOY goals and content plan
• Conduct social media reporting and analytics
• Create newsletter strategy and cadence for each audience
• Monitor and track email performance
• Blog Create (marketing) blog posts, ensuring they are SEO-optimized, and publish posts
• Continuously work to find new photographers to donate photos to social media and marketing efforts.
• Work with contractors and volunteers to grow original content to 70% of all external communications.
• Coordinate, write and assist in design of printed and other marketing materials, including collateral, PowerPoint presentations, video and other tools to increase the value of the Camber Outdoors brand to all markets.
• Update and keep site content dynamic on a daily/weekly basis.
• Oversee website maintenance
• Create landing pages as needed
• Website reporting through Google Analytics
• Updating Marketing Dashboard to showcase marketing team and campaign performance toward goals:
o Lead Source reporting - monitoring lead source reports to see which sources are performing best
o Conversion reporting - monitoring conversion reports to see what lead sources are performing best and how we’re tracking toward EOY goals
The Manager: Marketing and Digital reports to the Executive Director.
CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES/ QUALIFICATIONS:
The MDM position will play a key role in executing Camber Outdoors’ strategic plan. As such, the position requires:
• Love and passion for being outside and active.
• 4+ year’s progressive experience in marketing and communications.
• Demonstrated planning and project management skills. Strong attention to detail and analytical skills. High-level organizational skills, with ability to create and monitor plans and timelines.
• Proven ability to organize multiple projects and schedules, and to meet shifting priorities.
• Excellent writer and highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex ideas, unique concepts.
• Demonstrates cross cultural skills with proven ability to successfully approach, build trust and negotiate across multiple cultures, markets, and community/business leaders.
• Non-profit experience a plus
• Active listener with ability to work professionally, effectively and respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds and skills in a team environment
• Ability to travel to meetings and tradeshows 6-12 times per year.
• Must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
• Ability to safely lift boxes and other items up to 25 lbs.
• Ability to look at a computer screen for extended periods of time
• Must be able to travel using various transportation methods
• Able to work in a home or office environment
Camber Outdoors is committed to finding the right person. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position based in the Denver/Boulder area. Camber Outdoors offers a competitive salary based on organizational size that is commensurate with experience ($35-47K/annually). Additional benefits include health insurance, flexible work schedule, and wellness reimbursement. Opportunities for advancement are available.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye in a single .pdf with your name in the document title, or apply via email with MANAGER: MARKETING + DIGITAL in the subject line to: Employment@camberoutdoors.org.
No phone calls, please.