Product Developer / Merchandiser
- Amuse Society
- United States
- Aliso Viejo
- 3 year(s)
- Not Available
Amuse Society is looking for a Product Developer / Merchandiser to join the team in Aliso Viejo , CA.
Amuse Society is looking for a talented and motivated Product Developer / Merchandiser who has a positive attitude, is quality driven and pays close attention to detail. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in garment developing with a strength in detail, communication, problem solving, thinking outside of the box, and doing it all with a great attitude.
Also, strong knowledge of the entire development process from design concept through production. Experience in action sports apparel a major plus.
Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
** Work closely with design team in early concept stages to develop products that meet company margins while maintaining design intent and quality.
**Bring new ideas for fabric and construction innovation.
**Work directly with overseas suppliers to ensure understanding of the product design requirements, which may include international travel to factories as needed.
**Participate in sourcing decisions based on volume, technique, fabrication and cost.
** Negotiate all costs, minimums and lead times with factories to meet margin targets.
**Work closely with technical design team to maintain fit standards, responsible for BOM portion of tech packs. Attend fittings, provide proto, size run and confirm sample approvals.
**Participate in proto review meetings with development, design and merchandising team.
**Manage time and action calendar for assigned categories to meet all deadlines. Track and approve all necessary submits of artwork, trims and packaging.
**This position is the link between design, merchandising, planning and the factories. Essential all communication is accurate, complete, timely and professional.
- 3+ years of product development experience and/or product management experience with an outstanding record of managing product from final conception to completion.
- Proven ability to work in a cross functional team and a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of costing, garment construction and all pre-production coordination.
- Proactive, problem solver and results oriented.
- Extensive knowledge of current trends and styles of woman’s market.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and organized with strong follow-through.
- Excellent communication, team player and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to travel internationally.
We are a group of dedicated, fun, professional individuals looking for someone that is willing to be a team player that is interested in all parts of Amuse. Someone who is willing to make their surroundings more than a work environment. Someone who knows there is a balance between work and life and helps the entire team strive for that balance.
Please submit your cover letter and resume through Malakye.