Project Manager, R&D
- GU Energy Labs
- United States
- Berkeley, CA, San Francisco Bay Area
- 7 year(s)
- Not Available
GU Energy is looking to add a Project Manager to its team in Berkeley, CA.
The Project Manager is responsible for leading and optimizing the product development process to ensure that products move successfully from ideation to launch, on time and on budget. The Project Manager executes the project plans, tracks deliverables, allocates resources, leads effective meetings, matrix manages cross functional team, ensures accountability, documents process, communicates thoroughly, and monitors success throughout the product development process.
- Partners with R&D, Marketing, Finance, Operations, Customer Service, leaders, co-packers, and outside partners or stakeholders as needed to manage product development process for GU.
- Defines goals, scope, milestones, resources, and timeline for product improvements and new products in development.
- Determines inter-dependencies of roles and tasks, prioritizes appropriately, and allocate resources accordingly; provides clarity on accountability where roles or tasks overlap.
- Manages a clear product development process and meticulously tracks steps and status through each phase of development.
- Creates and publishes a dashboard of key indicators of progress that can easily be referenced by team members and stakeholders.
- Identifies best practices and continuously improves and refines the framework and effectiveness of the product development process.
- Matrix manages deliverables through informing, partnering, and influencing team members and stakeholders.
- Leads cross functional meetings; plans and distributes agendas, informs, facilitates q&a, healthy debates, problem solving discussions, and general communication.
- Anticipates problems and mitigates risks; resolves problems quickly.
- Monitors quality and timeliness of project deliverables.
- Cultivates relationships to ensure clarity, satisfaction, and overall success.
- Communicates proactively as often as needed to provide steady stream of information and resources; responds to inquiries; briefs company leaders and staff during company meetings.
- Collaborate with Finance to manage budget, track and respond to variances.
- Collaborates effectively to resolve differences of opinion, takes corrective action and uses judgement to escalate as needed.
- Provides timely and accurate reporting and documentation; provides PIR or post-launch analysis and reviews successes and failures, and shares lessons learned.
- Manages information and documentation to ensure confidentiality as needed to protect recipes, formulas, plans, or other intellectual property.
- Shares Project Management best practice and expertise within the company.
- Other duties as required or assigned.
- BA/BS degree required
- PMI/PMC certification required; equivalent experience considered
- 7+ years of project management experience with at least 4 years in CPG industry
- Years of food industry experience highly preferred
- Experience in leading / facilitating cross-functional initiatives required
- Specific experience in, or leading team members from, two or more standard disciplines strongly preferred: R&D, Marketing, Operations, Finance & Planning, Customer Service
- Familiarity with value stream mapping preferred
- Detail oriented
- Excellent, exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Proven negotiation, conflict resolution skills, problem solving, and process development skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to mutli-task in a dynamic, fast paced environment
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!