Writer / Editor
- GU Energy Labs
- United States
- Berkeley, CA, San Francisco Bay Area
- 4 year(s)
- Not Available
GU Energy, located in Berkeley, CA, is in search of a Writer / Editor. The Writer / Editor will help GU tell our story, which has both heart and science, to drive understanding of our products and values, and love of our brand.
The Writer / Editor will be primarily responsible for producing and curating original content that is compelling and exemplary. S/he will provide editorial guidance to content contributors and edit content to ensure consistency with brand voice. This position reports to the Director of Marketing Communications and collaborates closely with other members of the Marketing team, as well as R&D, Sales, Customer Service, athletes, GU leadership, and external partners.
The ideal candidate connects with GU's core values of Athleticism, Accountability, Innovation, Collaboration, Longevity, and Love.
- Writes original content for social media, website, blogs, newsletter, product packaging, POS, sales collateral, publications, etc.
- Educates and entertains by writing consumer facing content that expresses complex topics in concise and familiar language
- Engages community and builds loyalty by partnering with internal/external teams to write well researched responses to articles, posts, and inquiries about product, efficacy, and company
- Deploys content on GU social media channels and other portals as needed
- Helps to develop editorial and brand guidelines and train contributors in their purpose and use
- Edits copy; ensures writing is consistent with brand voice; proof reads for spelling, punctuation, grammar, clarity, and style
- Assists to generate/curate imagery and video content that complements story lines
- Generates content ideas and subject matter relevant to GU and our consumers
- Makes recommendations on how to represent product and ideas based on audience/consumer segment
- Researches and provides subject matter expertise on trends in media and related industry content; provides Marketing with input on effective promotion campaigns
- Cultivates high-touch relationship with key influencers; seeks partnerships that are beneficial to telling the GU story
- Effectively prioritize requests for story/content
- Actively promotes Company's culture, values and philosophy in addition to product
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in English, Writing, Marketing, or a relevant field
- Minimum 4 years experience writing and editing copy for consumer brand
- Deep knowledge of the modern English language, including vocabulary, grammar, style, colloquialisms, and social media acronyms and norms
- Experience writing and managing content for social media channels
- Portfolio that demonstrates ability to write compelling, consumer focused copy across multiple channels
- Demonstrated ability to produce story/content variations without compromising brand voice and style
- Effective and professional verbal communication skills with ability to present information to all levels in an organization
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and the most common social media platforms
- Ability to multi-task; thrives under pressure; comfortable with deadline driven work; sense of urgency; attention to detail
- Team player who works well cross-functionally to meet shared goals
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to the needs of a growing and changing organization
- A strong passion for athleticism or understanding of the sports nutrition, fitness, outdoor, and/or sports industry
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this job on Malakye!