GU Internship Program
- GU Energy Labs
- United States
- Berkeley, CA (San Francisco Bay Area)
- 0 year(s)
- Not Available
Please be sure to read through this posting and make note of the "How to Apply" section below for requirements prior to submitting resume and cover letter.
To introduce interested athletes and individuals to the inner workings of a sports nutrition company, to strengthen our work by the influence of fresh perspective and talent, and to teach skills in one of the following areas: administration, leadership, planning, research and development, science of sports nutrition, operations and production, quality and regulatory compliance in food manufacturing, finance and accounting, purchasing and forecasting, customer service, marketing, building company culture, event management, and sales.
We offer hands on work experience on real projects, and exposure to a great company culture that is friendly, fun, and encourages a healthy and active life!
This is a project based internship program, so it is not seasonal or by semester. Time frames are determined by project. Projects range between one to four months.
As projects become available, we will match a project/mentor with an intern. We have a limited number of internships available each year. Therefore, when the online GU Internship Program posting is set to INACTIVE, you may still apply, but we are not actively reviewing applications for an active project.
In order to qualify for GU's Internship Program, you must be...
...at least 18 years of age AND...
...enrolled (or pending enrollment) in a university program OR
....a recent graduate (4 years post undergraduate or graduate degree) OR
...an active endurance athlete interested in sports nutrition
This is a paid internship and subject to the at-will nature of employment at Advanced Food Concepts, Inc., & GU Energy Labs. If accepted and placed, you will receive an individual acceptance offer letter which further details the terms and your rate of pay.
Interns are not eligible for company benefits, however they may be eligible to participate in some of the on-site wellness programs.
Hours range from 8-40 hours per week depending on the project. Typical GU office operating hours are 9am-5pm, but your schedule may vary by project. Local travel may be required depending on the assigned project.
Interns will be required to submit a written summary about their experience at the end of their internship.
This program does not provide educational credits. If you are participating in a college or university program that accepts our program and provides educational credit for it, GU can provide verification of completion.
- Click on the "External Application" link.
- Upload Resume AND Cover Letter when applying online.
- The Cover Letter must include answers to the following 3 questions below to be considered:
1. Which areas are of interest? (Select up to 3 from this list): Research & Development, Science & Nutrition, Finance & Accounting, People & Company Culture, Writing & Communication, Leadership, Events & Presentations, Marketing & Social Media, Web, Digital Media, Video, Athlete Sponsorship, Sales, Customer Service, Operations & Production, Procurement & Planning, Analytics, Quality Control & Regulatory Compliance in Food Manufacturing
2. What specific skills (or experience) are you hoping to gain from this internship?
3. Please describe, in 500 words or less, how one or more of GU's Core Values below relate to your life and goals.
- Accountability. Take responsibility for your actions, keep your commitments.
- Athleticism. Respect the effort and achievement of all athletes and be your best athletic self.
- Collaboration. Work toward team goals, recognize assists from others, and celebrate wins together.
- Innovation. Strive for innovation and improvement in everything you create, make, and do. Be curious.
- Longevity. Make decisions that are sustainable over the long term for our customers, company, and world.
- Love. Be passionate about GU and compassionate toward others. Love what we do!
If accepted, you may be required to provide proof of enrollment, recent graduation, or athletic achievement.
A letter of reference may be required prior to acceptance.
By applying with your resume and cover letter, you are affirming that you have read and understood the internship program guidelines, you qualify for the program based on the program guidelines, you are at 18 years old, and that all the information provided is true and correct.
To apply, please click on the "External Application" link, and be sure to let us know you found this opportunity on Malakye!